“Cute and inexpensive!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 41 hotels in Bend
Boise, Idaho
“Cute and inexpensive!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Nice remodel with special touches (love the retro fridge/microwave), flat screen tv with plenty of channels. Only complaints would be the toilet height (of all things!) - seemed like 'kid height', a little tough on folks like me with bad knees...also the shower temperature a bit touchy in the morning when guests in other rooms also taking showers..overall though, a good stay, and we'll stay there again if it's just a night or two.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

104 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Cute decor, completely remodeled recently. An older motel, we were in the back (where street noise echoes) and didn't hear a thing even tho we were on a busy street. Shower with TUB! Be still my heart!
The bed was comfortable, better than some motels we've paid more at. Fridge, microwave, coffee maker.
An excellent value, especially in Bend!

• Stayed March 2013
Phuket, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I was visiting Bend with my brother and in spite of the last review decided to book a double queen room. On arrival we were greeted by the owner/operator who was very friendly and showed us two rooms for our choice. He was obviously confident and proud to show us their newly remodeled units. We chose the unit with a separate bedroom for the second bed (price as same).

Everything was spotless and all details attended to:

- Bedding, beautiful bedspreads and acceptable sheet quality probably 210 thread

- Amenities, Flat screen TV, microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker

- Bathroom clean and very functional although a tad on the small side. Shower was a glass block stall and water worked perfectly

All in all, being a hotelier myself, I think this property provides and excellent value option for anybody.

Highly recommended and I will use this property again for short stays. My only recommendation for the management would be change the front sign as it might turn off some potential Guests (it's old style and doesn't do justice to the quality of the rooms).

Happy Traveling

Room Tip: The owner is friendly and will be happy to give you a choice as he mentioned it's a boutique and...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dublin, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Our first stay in Bend - we loved the city and especially enjoyed sampling the local micro brews. This motel was reasonably priced, but we will stay elsewhere if and when we return to Bend. The facility was very dated, and the room was too small to accomodate two queen beds. The location was okay, but parking was very limited.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Mukesh4620, Manager at Holiday Motel, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Hi I would just like to take the time to announce that our motel is going through a 3 month remodeling phase. We have implemented new king beds into some of other rooms. Removed old wood fixtures in walls with up to date finishings, brand new paint jobs, new carpet, new LCD TVs, new comforters, new curtains, and new furniture. This remodeling phase will therefore allow the rooms to be more spacious and customer friendly. Thank you!
Oakland, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I pass through Bend several times a year and had always stayed at more expensive places. Then I discovered the Holiday Motel two days ago. Significantly renovated recently, the linens and curtains were upgraded and attractive, new lamps and a flat screen TV added. There was attractive new tiling in the bathtub, the room was smaller (remember this is remodeled) but functional, there were real glass glasses, an excellent coffee maker, nice welcome mats. The friendly desk manager had my reservation in hand and my room key ready. And the best thing of all - the price! Half of my Holiday Inn Express stay. Only $50, including all taxes! No free breakfast but there is an excellent breakfast place a block away that we walked to through the snow. I will definitely make this my go-to place in Bend. The only downside was the heater in the bathroom didn't work but if you left the door open, there was no difference in temperature with the bedroom. They could also use some more space to plop things in the bathroom but they are limited by the older design.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

For the price, the Holiday Motel probably merits closer to 5 points, not 4. My room was clean, management was friendly, and the price was basically unbeatable at $55. I stayed here two years ago, and then again last week. In Bend, I'll avoid hotels that cost twice or three times the Holiday and go for the reliable, friendly and clean room that the Holiday offered me.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was a last stay during a 4 day road trip my husband and I took. I read reviews on Trip Advisor before booking and thought I would be ok, as most people were saying it was pretty good for the price. The staff was very friendly when we checked in so that was a good sign so I thought. (we did have trouble connecting to the internet, and the manager came to our door to tell us what the password was) When we entered our room... it had THE WORST smell... I can't even begin to describe what it smelled like, but was so bad that I had to leave to drive to Safeway down the street to get some air fresheners to plug in the wall. We left for a few hours after that and when we got back it smelled better, but YUCK. Some parts of the motel had been recently renovated, however, it looks like some parts of it still need to be. The shower was my biggest complaint of the room, it was VERY small, dated, and VERY ugly. The water pressure wasn't that great either. I am a woman and wanted so shave my legs but had no where to do that in the shower and there were no ledges to put stuff on (like shampoo, soap, etc- you have to put it on the floor). I looked online for other places to stay but my husband convinced me that we would be ok for one night. The pros- it was clean, the staff was friendly and the location was pretty good (we had dinner reservations on Mt. Bachelor which wasn't too far away). Fridge, microwave and coffee maker as well. My husband slept pretty well on the bed. Other than that, we won't be staying there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Motel? Share your experiences!