“Good value, friendly management” 4 of 5 stars

Holiday Motel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   880 South-East Third Street, Bend, OR 97702   |
Ranked #10 of 41 hotels in Bend
Boulder, Colorado
“Good value, friendly management”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

For the price, the Holiday Motel probably merits closer to 5 points, not 4. My room was clean, management was friendly, and the price was basically unbeatable at $55. I stayed here two years ago, and then again last week. In Bend, I'll avoid hotels that cost twice or three times the Holiday and go for the reliable, friendly and clean room that the Holiday offered me.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

102 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was a last stay during a 4 day road trip my husband and I took. I read reviews on Trip Advisor before booking and thought I would be ok, as most people were saying it was pretty good for the price. The staff was very friendly when we checked in so that was a good sign so I thought. (we did have trouble connecting to the internet, and the manager came to our door to tell us what the password was) When we entered our room... it had THE WORST smell... I can't even begin to describe what it smelled like, but was so bad that I had to leave to drive to Safeway down the street to get some air fresheners to plug in the wall. We left for a few hours after that and when we got back it smelled better, but YUCK. Some parts of the motel had been recently renovated, however, it looks like some parts of it still need to be. The shower was my biggest complaint of the room, it was VERY small, dated, and VERY ugly. The water pressure wasn't that great either. I am a woman and wanted so shave my legs but had no where to do that in the shower and there were no ledges to put stuff on (like shampoo, soap, etc- you have to put it on the floor). I looked online for other places to stay but my husband convinced me that we would be ok for one night. The pros- it was clean, the staff was friendly and the location was pretty good (we had dinner reservations on Mt. Bachelor which wasn't too far away). Fridge, microwave and coffee maker as well. My husband slept pretty well on the bed. Other than that, we won't be staying there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Eastern Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We have been staying at the Holiday for 3 years on medical trips. The management has slowly improved our stay. I have never found a dirty space. Though we have tried other low cost motels in town we keep coming back to the Holiday. And they have new coffee pots in room, real coffee mugs, glass drinking glasses, micro and fridge, flat screen tv, wi-fi, great towels, hot water, and new furniture. They are also now providing shampoo and conditioner. If you stayed here long ago, give them a try again. We stay in room 19 or 17 and are always pleased. Park right outside the door, though if you have a large truck or a trailer, the parking is rather cramped and small. Originally we paid only $37 a nite, now it is up to $60, but that still beats Motel 6. The rooms are small, but there is a desk, a small round table with 3 chairs, and a lounge chair. Bye the way, we have probably stayed at this motel a total of 30 nights and we have never seen the police visit. That may be a rumor. Restaurants, drug and groceries within walking distance.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

The motel is very, very old and smells as if it had been smoked in for years and years. We went to two rooms and each had this issue. They had just recently put new (very inexpensive) bedding on the VERY old beds. The mattresses themselves must be 20+ years old.
We are not particular, as long as the place is clean and safe, we are usually completely OK. This was not clean or safe. We ended up leaving immediately after looking at the second room. I don't think any amount of renovation could make this place ok.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Redding, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Enjoyed our 2 night stay at the Holiday Motel in Bend.

Service was fine, we were checked in quickly with no problems.

Value is good, the price is very fair compared to other places in the area.

Sleep quality was ok, the bed was very comfy, but our AC was kind of noisy.

Room was small, but plenty clean, and it looked like it was recently updated with a flat screen TV and a small refridgerator.

Location is very good, easy to find, and seemed really close to everything we wanted to see and do.

This place is a good budget option, I'd rate this a 3.5 overall (if that was an option), and I would certainly consider staying here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed in a room with 2 beds, it had nice hallway with countertop and plenty of storage. It also had a kitchen table , microwave and a small fridge. This would be a great place to stay if you wanted to stay for a week or so it more like a small apartment. The beds were comfortable, the room was clean, a little rustic but well worth the price.A grocery store is close by. My only complaint is the ac was loud.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stayed two nights. The room was small, but clean. It had a table and 2 chairs, a club chair, dresser, and night stands, refer and microwave. All were in good condition and clean. The bed was comfortable, and there was a decent tv. The shower was clean, lots of hot water and water pressure. Nothing fancy, but for a place to sleep it was quiet and reasonably priced. Good wifi signal, too. The management was nice and helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Motel? Share your experiences!