“Excellent - I thoroughly recommend it” 5 of 5 stars

Bend Inn Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 NE Butler Market Road, Bend, OR 97701   |
Ranked #22 of 41 hotels in Bend
Danville, California
“Excellent - I thoroughly recommend it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

We found ourselves in Bend, Oregon on a 4th July weekend with no prior reservation and located the Bend Inn & Suites. The staff were ever so helpful and the room we had for the night was clean, quiet and comfortable. The level of decor and quality of the room was high and it was very good value for money. Not only that, but there was a free breakfast and a good selection of items, not just a few tired pastries like we've seen at other hotels. We were impressed and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

67 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Troutdale, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

We arrived at the room to find that there was no iron. They brought one as soon as I called. After an hour of walking around the room in my stockings, I found that the bottom of the socks were very dirty. The remote control to the TV was barely working. The replacement was not much better. They obviously were old and needed replacement. The cable to the internet connection was split and not working. They were very nice about replacing it. The airconditioner was not working well. My husband took the filters out and cleaned them. They were totally blocked and had not been cleaned in a very long time, possibly never. We ended up asking for a fan as the air did not circulate well.
The final straw was the very old hot dog we found behind the couch.
The young lady and young man who checked us in was very nice. Each problem was handled with courtesy.
I will never stay here again. The friendliness of the young staff (cannot say the same for the woman who checked us out) does not come close to making up for the poor maintenance and dirty room.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Spring Creek, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

The location was good, easy to find, convient for shopping and dining. The lobby was nice and front desk staff was polite at check-in. The condition of the room was not good. The couch and carpet were stained in various areas and the carpet was filthy. The bottom of our socks were black after walking on the small area of carpet within an hour of being in the room. The light over the sink never fully came on which made the only mirror in the room worthless.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

I was in Bend on business, and while I travel with an economy based mind set, my expectations were not met. The location is great and the room was very quiet. The bed was comfortable. The room is unacceptable for business given how the internet service in only available via ethernet cord next to the bed and not the alleged desk. The air conditioner was powerful, but as loud as a 747 at take off. The bathroom light provided an unearthly pallor that lead me to expect Norman Bates to show up with his wig and knife. Yikes. The breakfast was adequate, although the waffle station looked like a superfund site.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
or
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2010

The rooms were surprisingly modern and met basic hampton inn standards even now. Perhaps more like a fairfield inn but still decent. Don't get the paper on sundays however. And they they are small rooms but linens are modern. Convenient location and I didn't notice noise much. Close to gas stations and restaurants including 24 hr which is rare in Bend

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Federal Way
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

The hotel was clean except for the air conditioner. I had to take a wash cloth to clean off the mold. The desk wasn't too concerned. There so called hot breakfast consisted of a waffle. No fruit. Just cold cereal. Nothing to write home about. They advertise wireless internet. If you want to sit in the lobby.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

My mother and I recently stayed in the Bend Inn and Suites. We were very pleased when we found out the hotel was a Hampton Inn until last year. It still has Hampton Inn beds, furniture, toiletries, etc. The beds were very comfortable and we slept well. The problem was the commode. After using it for the first time I flushed it and instead of going down, the water came up. Luckily it didn't overflow. I called the front desk and after telling them what happened the guy said, "Do you need a plunger?" I told him yes since we wouldn't be able to use the commode otherwise. After 20-25 minutes he finally arrived with the plunger. It had apparently been recently used since the rubber end was in a plastic bag that was wet inside. Instead of coming in and fixing the commode himself, he handed me the plunger and told me when I was finished with it to set it outside the door and call him to come get it. If he'd been the only employee on duty, I would have understood his not plunging the commode for us but there was another guy working the desk that night.

The next morning we arrived at the complimentary continental breakfast 30 minutes before they were due to end the breakfast. There was only one biscuit left and since I knew it wouldn't be enough for both my mother and me I asked the girl working the breakfast area if they had anymore biscuits and she took the plate and went in the back. Then she went across the lobby to another room and brought back a bag of frozen biscuits. Then she came out and said they were cooking more and it would be about 3 minutes. About 5 minutes later another employee said the biscuits would be ready in 3 minutes. About 10 minutes later they brought out warm biscuits. Since the gravy pan was practically empty I asked if they were going to put out more gravy but I was told no since it was almost time for breakfast to be over. After scraping the last of the gravy from the pan and eating my biscuit and gravy they brought out a pan of fresh gravy.

In my opinion, this is a poorly managed hotel. Would I stay here again? Probably not.

• Stayed July 2009

Been to Bend Inn Suites? Share your experiences!