“Beyond Terrible” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 43 Hotels in Bend
Denver, Colorado
“Beyond Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Dirty room, dirty bed linen, dirty floors. Lousy breakfast. Complain to corporate. If you complain to front desk, look out!! Motel 6 is better than this. Stay away or get a container of alcohol wipes and go over everything. The room I had was filthy and now

Room Tip: Go to any other hotel.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
LaQuintaBend, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Bend, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
I do apologize that you found us so distasteful, I did try to find your reservation but with no luck. I will be speaking with my staff to see who you spoke with and received no satisfaction from. We try very hard to offer a clean and friendly hotel so I must admit I am a bit baffled but will do my best to get to the bottom of this.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

This was our first time in Oregon, we arrived a day earlier than our stay at a resort not to far from here. We had no idea where we were or how the area was, I booked this room online. We received a great rate for a Saturday night, the staff were very friendly, professional, and helpful. We had no problems with our room or parking. Everything is located right across the street food, stores, gas, shopping center. A few blocks down you can find the city, we actually found our way around so easy with the map the staff provided us with. From what I saw the free breakfast looked good, we didn't stop in and eat but others were in the room enjoying their breakfast. Parking is real easy I would have. O problem at all staying here again

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Tigard, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

this was a great hotel in Bend to stay at. indoor pool and hot tub are a great amenity. We stayed on the 3rd floor, which is only on flight if stairs up from the lobby. Be advised that this hotel does not have an elevator. Breakfast was a step above the usual continental as well.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Cobb, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Just discovered La Quinta Inns, and the one in Bend was our first stay. They were very accommodating toward our Golden Retriever, and the staff were all very pleasant. Enjoyed the indoor pool and spa, and the fact that they were available 24 hours! The Bend location has many nice extras - 24 hour beverage service in the lobby, a nice lounge/sitting area with fireplace at the lobby, fresh baked cookies in the evening, a nice, separate dining room and a very nice breakfast spread. It left a very favorable impression of this hotel chain, and we subsequently stayed 5 nights at the La Quinta in Wilsonville, Oregon (though the Wilsonville location is not as well appointed).

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Boise, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

This La Quinta is average at best, so I'm not understanding the good reviews. Found a few candy wrappers near the bed and it looked like someone had spilled an entire cup of coffee over the lampshade next to the bed and it had not been cleaned up either. The water in the shower was lukewarm for about 4 minutes before it became warm enough to use. Also, there is no elevator for people on the top floor--it's just a pain to have to lug suitcases and pets upstairs after driving all day. On the plus side the front desk was friendly and they do allow pets. Other than that, cannot recommend, especially for $100.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
LaQuintaBend, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Bend, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Laura,
I am very sorry to hear of your issues with our hotel, obviously what you experienced is not typical of our hotel.
You do not mention whether you reached out to the front desk for help with this, we would have happily found you a new room, or fixed the unacceptable items in your room. If you did reach out and we ignored your request then shame on us and we deserve what we get.
I assure you if you had talked with me I would have had it taken care of immediately. Does that make it so it didn't happen of course not and this should never be how a guest sees a room, unfotunately we make mistakes too.
I again am very sorry.
Vicki Stewart
Medford, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

The staff was professional and courteous. I would stay at La Quinta again. Gina was very helpful and Mike too.Thank you. breakfast room was good and fully stocked every morning. Rooms were clean. Beds were very comfortable and pillows too.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

I was one of three adults staying in a two- queen bedroom on the ground floor. The hotel is starting to look a little rundown overall, but the beds were very comfortable, and the room was neat and clean and everything worked in the bathroom. (I don't eat the "free breakfasts at any of these medium level nationwide hotel chains, so no comment there.) We did not use any other facilities. Checked in at 9 PM and left at 9 AM. Rate was $89. I happened to pick other member of our group at the Holiday Inn Express and liked the newness and the overall ambience by comparison, and he told me he was also paying $89. Next time, I will try HIX. (BTW, The Comfort Inn which is right next door to the HIX, and which i reviewed last year, has jacked their price up by 30%! [$125]) So, the La Quinta Inn is a reasonable option, but here's to doing slightly better next time.

Room Tip: I was on second floor (i.e., the ground floor!) at/near the midpoint.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn Bend? Share your experiences!