“Best.Sashimi.Ever” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Takeout
Bend, Oregon
“Best.Sashimi.Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

This little place is amazing. They def know what they are doing. Just tell the sushi chef what you like (don't like) and he will hook you up. Each sashimi came with a different sauce which we were skeptical about trying but they all were amazing and went so well with the fish. Soft shell crabs were incredible and very reasonable.

Visited November 2013

“For the middle of Oregon Excellent!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Having lived in the Bay Area for 18 years, we were surprised by the quality of food at this restaurant. Both the nigiri and the rolls were excellent and we enjoyed the warm neighborhood atmosphere. We will definitely be back for more.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Juan Capistrano, California
“Expensive But Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

This restaurant has a great selection of sushi and a nice atmosphere. The sushi is good (it's not quite as good as the high price might suggest IMO. You might be paying more for the location and the atmosphere).

My one complaint was the sashimi dish I ordered (7 pieces of salmon for $16). The salmon was quite good, however it was undoubtedly the smallest serving of sashimi I have ever seen, and I have ordered this dish at many upscale sushi restaurants in Oregon and California. Considering the price, I was very disappointed.

Other than the dismally small serving of sashimi (think 7 small bites), everything else was good, and the wait staff was very friendly and professional. I would recommend this place if you have money to blow and want a nice ambiance in one of the best parts of town.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Portland, Oregon
“Very good sushi and more”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

The sushi was very good (I especially enjoyed the eel, which was grilled a little longer than most places). The steak dish and tempura were also very good. There's an excellent and long sake list, and lots of items on the food menu to choose from. The wait staff was good: attentive and friendly, but not overbearing.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
St. Louis, Missouri
“Sake!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Went to Kanpai with another couple while in Bend. Everything we tried was amazing. It was an expensive meal for us, but we didn't hold back. We had 2 bottles of Sake (where has this been all my life?!), ramen, 3-4 rolls, and 2 appetizers between all of us and it was about 125. The restaurant is very small. It was already busy on a week night at 7pm. We ended up sitting at the bar and had a great time. I would suggest making reservations. The staff was friendly and helpful. I loved the tofu appetizer. I'm not big on sushi and had plenty to eat.

• Visited May 2013