“Dont bother” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Clovis, California
“Dont bother”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Food was bad, really bad. There are plenty of places close by that would love you to spend your money with them.

Visited July 2012

“Happy hour specials are amazing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

We ended up needing a hotel last minute and stayed at the shilo inn. We received two complentary drinks for the restaurant. Great beer selection a wide variety of local bend breweries, from rogue to blonde bombshell. Also the food is excellent the happy hour specials were from like 4 to close which was great. Paying 5 bucks for a grilledchicken Caesar that's a challenge to finish is a hell of a deal. Very friendly staff made the experience even more enjoyable. I highly recommend checking it out.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Creswell, Oregon
“Just the basics.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

We stayed at the Shilo in Bend, and chose to try their Prime Rib special on Friday Night. We eat out rarely, expected our Prime Rib dinner to be a high point of our week, and it almost was.

The restaurant is a large room with windows looking out on the pool and "garden". There are hard wooden chairs (which screech horribly on the polished concrete floor) or large booths with a view of the breakfast buffet, so atmosphere is minimal wherever you sit.

The hotel had given us a coupon for a free glass of very nice wine, and my husband had a pint of excellent 20" Brown Ale ($3.75). We had hardly taken a sip, however, when our meal was delivered. There was no bread and no salad, just a plate with food on it.

The meat was good - a nice 3/4" slab and rather lean. It came with garlic mashed potatoes (no other options) and fresh green beans and carrots. The potatoes and vegetables were well flavored but stone cold. When I mentioned this to the waitress (she was in training), she brought a little plate so I could keep working on my meat while she reheated the rest. I started to think I wasn't going to get the rest of my meal back! I had completely finished the meat, and my husband (who declined to give up his plate for any reason) had finished his dinner before she came back. The potatoes and vegetables were now piping hot and delicious, but the effect was somewhat spoiled.

As strange as it sounds, we DID enjoy the meal, probably more from what we brought into it than anything else. I do, however, think I would explore other restaurant possibilities the next time I'm in Bend.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere