“Cute place” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Dessert
“Cute place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

This is a cute place in downtown Bend. It has lots of candy, ice cream, popcorn, and some souvenir type stuff. The look of it is the old-fashioned soda fountain. The service was unremarkable and average. There was only one server so we had to wait 10 minutes to get served. The ice cream is the same as what you can buy anywhere. The prices are high but probably average for a place like that. I wouldn't go back but was neat to check it out once.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Portland, Oregon
“Super fast service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We were walking around downtown Bend after dinner, without much knowledge of the area. We walked past, saw the candy and the ice cream, and couldn't help ourselves. Best part? The line moved SO fast! It was almost out the door and in no time we were eating our ice cream and sucking down way too much candy. The staff were young and friendly, the ice cream selection was good, the candy selection was even better, and we will definitely go back!

Visited August 2013
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Took the kiddos for Ice Cream cones today! Always delicious! The homemade waffle cones are amazingly good!

Visited August 2013
Pasadena, California
“Highly Recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I always come here when I go to Bend. They have a wide selection of candy (I recommend the dairy caramels, which have to be the best in the store) and ice cream flavors that are almost always different every time you walk in the store. They also have great cheese popcorn.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Seaside
“Yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Candy was very good. Loved the chocolate covered salted caramels.
The candy corn is the best I have ever tasted. Delicious.
We tasted the coconut ice cream on the tour it was very good...I am wondering if this is the candy making store or an actual restaurant? Anyway the candy store has a $2.00 tour that is a lot of fun with lots of samples and history and you get to see product being made.
Keep in mind they tell everyone that it will be 5 minutes. It seems that can be anywhere from 5 to 15 but was well worth the wait. There were a couple of kids on the tour with their folks I was concerned but they were well behaved.
I was also concerned as when I asked locals At a few stores and restaurants and the hotel staff about it none had heard of it. Maybe Goody should take a bit of advice and give free tour cards to a couple of hotels and a few stores to give their workers. That way when tourist ask about the tour they get a response of" yes I have been and it was great fun" rather than" Wow I had no idea we had a candy factory."

Visited July 2013