“Good BBQ and sides; small restaurant with good service” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery
Dayton, Ohio
“Good BBQ and sides; small restaurant with good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Visited here while staying one night in Bend. The BBQ was good (I had a half rack, my friend had brisket). Both tasted nice and smokey and the two sauces complemented the meat (one is traditional and sweet; the other is more spicy). Thought it unusual that you could get a salad (reg or Caesar) as a side since most BBQ places serve coleslaw. The other sides weren't bad either. Service was prompt and friendly. I would go back.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Charleston, South Carolina
“just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We ordered 2 orders of a whole rack of ribs and large onion rings to go. The cashier that grabbed our order was not friendly or personable at all! Not one word of welcome or pleasantries. Didn't even crack a smile :( The ribs smelled great but once we opened the package back at our motorhome we were disappointed in the size of the rack. Very small and the onion rings were a total mess. None of the coating was on the onions. Terrible, threw the whole onion mess out! It definitely shouldn't have come all apart like that unless it was handled badly before I picked it up. Order did come with sauce for the ribs which was great and the ribs were very tender. We were hoping to have leftovers for the next day :( Note to self: check order before leaving the store!

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Sisters, Oregon
“I want it all!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

As soon as we stepped out of the magic minivan I knew we were in for a treat. The barbeque smell alone was worth the price of admission! Our party had hamburgers and fries, a meat platter, and my wife and I split a Prime Rib special. I sampled one of the hamburgers and I was quite impressed. Who knew a $9 burger and fries combo could be so good! The smoked meat combo plate was excellent I was told... none was shared. The Prime Rib was some of the best I have ever had. I don't pig out as much as I used to, so splitting with my wife was a perfect move. I didn't even have room for dessert.
I saw many other great looking meals pass by our table. I want to try it all.
I thought their prices were reasonable as I am not a big spender!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Batavia, Illinois
“Baldy's Barbeque”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

My wife and I were spending a week vacation in Bend Ore. Bend is a terrific city of its own, in a great scenic state. We really enjoyed our stay. We stopped in to have an early dinner at Baldy's after spending most of the day hiking in the area. It was a week night, so the restaurant was not that crowded when we came in, but filled up very quickly.
We were seated and served our drinks right away. We ordered the ribs and some potato sides and coleslaw. Everything was very good, especially our ribs. The sauce was terrific and the meat was so tender. We really enjoyed our meal and our visit at Baldy's

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bend, Oregon
“"Lean and Mean" Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

The service at Baldy's is terrible and not because of the servers, but because of inadequate staffing levels. Last Saturday was the second time we have visited Baldy's to have poor service due to there not being enough staff. There were only two servers for the entire restaurant, inside and out in the patio. They had no one to help with bussing tables or delivering beverages and this was a very busy weekend in Bend. The food was good, but not spectacular.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere