“Met my OLd High School Sweetie there!” 3 of 5 stars

Rainbow Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   154 NE Franklin Ave, Bend, OR 97701   |
Ranked #32 of 43 Hotels in Bend
Roseburg, Oregon, United States
“Met my OLd High School Sweetie there!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

I was not feeling very good about it when i saw it becuase I am so used to staying at expensive hotels! My old high school boyfriend and I met and he had purchased a room here so I dealt with it! I did not like that they did not have fitted sheets on the bed! I never use a bedspread at a hotel so it was a cold night! The floor was not very clean so I kept all my bags zipped up and on a luggage rack. They had no free shampoo, hardly any towels too! The bathrooms window the screen had a BIG hole in it so hard to leave the window open! I do have to say the bathroom was very clean! Thank God! Not sure I would ever stay there again though!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
NW US
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

We were passing through Bend (on a very busy weekend) and everything was booked up. I found this motel through Tripadvisor and was not quite sure what we were going to get, because there was no outside/exterior photo of the motel and not many reviews. However, this was a very clean, nicely maintained motel which was perfect for what we were looking for. We were in the 2nd floor in the back section. The motel seems to be family-owned and everyone was very kind and pleasant. We were just passing through Bend, and were not looking for amenities like a pool or gym. We would stay here again when passing through and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

We stayed 2 nights at this motel close to Downtown Bend. Pulling up, you'd think its a super low end run down motel, but they do have a newer 2-story building at the Bank which are much more updated and nice. They let us check out the room before committing which was good. We got a king bed room in the back building which was similar in size and furniture to something you would get at Super 8 or Motel 6 and the price was right at $40 a night! (Note Super8 and Motel 6 which were nearby were charging $25-$30 more a night). It was clean and beds pretty comfortable. Would recommend this place for the price - just ask to stay in the back building.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stayed two nights. We were given a room in the rear building so I don't know what the older rooms in the front are like. It was just the price range we needed and we would go back. I had a little trouble understanding the desk clerk when trying to make a reservation by phone. But no big deal.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Rocklin CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Least expensive place to stay that is close to downtown Bend and Deschutes Brewery Pub!

Comfortable bed and room, great for this price point.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Bend, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

I must admit this was a very clean room however the bed was as hard as sleeping on the floor. I personally had to fix the toilet flapper so the thing would flush. The towel rack is literally just resting on its mount so to look at it may cause it to fall. The linoleum is pealing off the floor next to the bathtub and the mini fridge is loud enough to wake the dead. Not sure if there are a shortage of sheets these days but they don't seem to have fitted sheets and merely use a cotton blanket for a bed liner and a top sheet to sleep on. This of course led to sleeping directly on the mattress after the first roll over. Now normally i wouldn't be one to complain at a price as low as this but at the desk the clerk asked if i would like to upgrade to a newly remodeled room for only $5 a night. I honestly wonder if that was just a crock to make a few extra bucks.
I am still recommending this simply for the budget. I had family members staying at the Motel 6 4 blocks from here and they paid about the same but the quality was massively lower.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Grevenmacher
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

On a night when everything (ok, the first 12 places we called) in Bend was booked out, we were skeptical of what we might find at the Rainbow motel.
Essentially, this is a good basic motel for a reasonable price. We were in the new building at the back and the rooms were clean and quiet. There was even coffee and donuts at reception in the morning, but we had our sights on a breakfast place in town. Parking was the only conflictual aspect: the back lot was full up when we came back in the evening, so we parked in the front lot and got yelled at by some ladies, who thought that was their lot.
You could do a lot worse than this!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Rainbow Motel? Share your experiences!