“Missed the mark for me” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Eclectic
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Portland, Oregon
“Missed the mark for me”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I have had Zydeco on my list of Bend restaurants for a while now and finally had a chance to go for lunch. I had the soup of the day which was a spicey black bean. It was a great starter. My entree was the shrimp etouffee. Unfortunately, it lacked the depth of flavor that I really enjoy when this dish is properly made. Also, I will never understand why restaurants sometime serve the shrimp with the tail shell still attached. It totally ruins the joy of the meal for me. And, what is it suppose to add to the experience? The etouffe came with a slice of corn bread, which was nicely baked and still moist. I will give Zydeco another shot, but unfortunately, it's not high on my list at this time.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Bend, Oregon
“Slipping badly”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We eat here frequently, and it is usually quite good. Last week they were marginal at best. First they sat us down and forgot us. Then I got a gin and tonic with cheap, sweet, and totally flat tonic. What waste of Bombay Saphire! By the time the waitress bothered by it was too late and we moved on to dinner.

The duck fat fries were perfect. Good thing because my wife's chopped steak salad was made with old rotten tomatoes, and my ribeye was not even close to rare---medium well by the standards of any good restaurant. They garnished this poor abused piece of meat with sweet potato fries, shrivelled on the outside and raw in the middle, sort of like they were cooked frozen.

No need to return here anytime soon.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Bend, Oregon
“One of the absolute best in Bend. . which has a lot of good food to begin with!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This was our second trip to Zydeco and it did not disappoint. Starting with the Roasted Beet Salad and then on to the blackened Redfish. . . delicious! My husband, who is super picky, also thoroughly enjoyed his dinner. We will be visiting Zydeco regularly!

Visited March 2013
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Something different, something delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

When you compare Zydeco to the other Bend restaurant options, it stands out. Sometimes that's good, sometimes it's not. In this case, it was outstanding.

We went on a Thursday night during primetime and didn't wait for a table. It was busy but not so busy that there was a wait.

As we sat down, we were presented with menus and drink options. We tried several cocktails but the Mojito was the real winner of the bunch.

After we received our drinks, we ordered the Artichoke and Corn Fritters which were delicious. Meanwhile another co-worker enjoyed a Roasted Beet Salad.

After a short wait, our entrees arrived. I ordered the rack of lamb which was delicious. My Co Workers ordered the Wild Game (Boar I think) and Shrimp which they both loved. My lamb was served with a roasted Brussels sprout which were a bit mushy for my tastes.

Once the meals were polished off, we sample some of the desserts. The creme brûlée was outstanding.

All and all, a great meal and a wonderful ending to our week in Bend.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Creme brûlée to die for!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My husband and I just ate here for our anniversary and it was great! We started out with the smoked trout dip and it was so yummy! Salads, roasted duck, and wild boar were spectacular! But my favorite part was dessert! The best creme brûlée i have ever had! I think we will go back for dessert tomorrow night! I did not give this the full 5 stars only because the atmosphere was a little crammed. We often had to squeeze against the wall to let people by. But other than that fabulous! Will def be back!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere