“Not the best but not the worst” 3 of 5 stars

Dunes Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1515 NE 3rd St, Bend, OR 97701-4235   |
Ranked #28 of 43 Hotels in Bend
Olympia, Washington
“Not the best but not the worst”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I got this motel using Priceline. After reading the reviews on here I was pretty nervous but it wasn't all that bad. FIrst off the room was clean, there was no weird smell, and there was a nice big flat screen TV. I found the bed to be very comfortable. The downsides were that you can hear whenever your neighbor flushes the toilet or takes a shower. One of our neighbors showered around 3am and we all woke up. You can hear the traffic noise but I found that strangely soothing. They could use some blackout curtains because even when it is the middle of the night it looks like it's 9AM. We didn't eat the breakfast (I highly recommend Jake's Cafe) so I can't comment on that. We could never get the Wifi connected, not a big deal for us but could be bad if you were there on work. The weirdest thing was the shower. For ours you had to pull this tiny little knob out of the shower head to get it to work. We've never come across that before. For the price it was a pretty good stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

I've stayed in a hundred hotels like this one, but I've seen few ever that were as clean, well-maintained, and well staffed as this one. Make no mistake, this is a no-frills motel. No pool, the breakfast is very minimal, etc. But for a place to stay, it's awfully good. I'm very glad to have encountered it and would definitely recommend it and stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Go somewhere else. The room smelled foul. The floor was uneven, like there were holes under the carpet. On a very busy street. Walls paper thin. I should have left but was too tired to find another place.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Portland, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Priceline says 2 star.....Are you kidding me?? Noisy on the busy street old motel.Service was VERY ANGRY even in front of my Wife and Son when I complained about the rating! Had to use a plug in electric heater to keep from freezing! Bates Motel would have been a step up even with Normans bad habits. Left the next morning and was promised a refund for the second night that was paid for but not used. Neither Priceline or the owner will honor that! Priceline says breakfast however the owner says Continental breakfast which equaled almost nothing.They didn't even have real cream for coffee or milk for a child.This was one of the worst experiences of my life and I will not use Priceline ever again after many years of trusted deals. Unfortunately after speaking to them again, they weren't interested in our family nightmare experience, loss or lack of trust in them now. Too big for real customer care anymore I guess.

Room Tip: All rooms are noisy.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Eugene
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

I chose this hotel because it's pet friendly, and offered a continental breakfast. I believe I paid about $37/night. I tried the continental breakfast once, it was a stale donut, batter bread (also stale) and instant oatmeal. I also brought food in and stored it in the convenient mini fridge and ate in using the microwave. The turntable on the microwave didn't work. Overall the customer service at the front desk was very good at check in. The room needs a real cleaning though, there is urine on the toilet and wall in the bathroom. There are smears of dirt on the wall and built up dirt in the bathroom. I definitely got what I paid for, a cheap, hotel room on a busy corner.

Room Tip: Unless you need a cheap hotel room, I'd avoid this one. Spend a little more and get a better roo...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Klamath Falls, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I have been staying at the Dunes off and on for 5 years on business. The Kumar's are continually improving the rooms and the building. In the dozens of towns that I travel I have yet to find a better motel in this price range. Clean, great beds, modern and up to date. I also use the Dunes when my wife and I travel for pleasure. Good comfortable clean rooms. New carpets, new beds, new furniture. It is an older building, so there may be some small issues with plumbing, but there's plenty of hot water. Don't count on some fancy hot breakfast, just a few pastries and coffee. This is a great place to rest your weary body, but not some sort of spa/resort. Just tell them Jim Brown sent you.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are quieter, and better parking on the north side.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Tarifa, Andalucia, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

very clean wonderful staff great price huge high definition tv wifi work great.the owners or staff were very helpful and veryopen to doing whatever they could to make my stay wonderful I stay there 5 days and had no complaints at all except bananas one day we're a little bit green.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Been to Dunes Motel? Share your experiences!