“Don't order the lobster” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #260 of 362 restaurants in Bend
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse
Bend, Oregon, United States
“Don't order the lobster”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We had dinner there last night (Friday nite), and the place was empty. I wondered why and attributed it to the goings-on downtown. I ordered lobster with the two sides being salad and sweet potato fries. Husband ordered oysters with baked potato and chowder. Sister ordered the Shrimp Fest. My lobster was watery,leaving a puddle under it, and not broiled, just boiled. The portion was about 4 small bites, if that, and I'm not exaggerating. It was mushy and tasteless. The drawn "butter" was almost cold, the sweet potato fries were cold and tasteless, with absolutely no seasoning. The dipping sauce for the sweet potatoes was inedible. I took one bite and almost gagged. Waitress acted offended when I told her I couldn't eat it. I thought it was spoiled. She said it was the "signature recipe," a cajun recipe that they have used for years. She even brought the recipe out and read off the ingredients, which included tarragon, rosemary, etc. Whatever it was, it was not good. I also ordered a shrimp plate from the appetizer menu, for $9.00, which was actually a better meal than the lobster. The salad was boring, as was the dressing. I ate a small portion of salad, but it was basically lettuce and a mound of grated carrots, My husband liked his oysters and baked potato, and my sister said her shrimp fest was "okay," but that she thought the sauce for the sweet potatoes was spoiled, and that a few of her grilled shrimp had the same flavor as the dipping sauce. No atmosphere, and we were the only people in the restaurant, on a Friday night. There were several people in the bar, which I noticed as I left the restaurant. The bread was good, the service was fast, and the waitress was nice, but seemed to be shocked when I didn't like the dipping sauce. The lobster was $25.95, for 3 or 4 bites...Unbelievable! Mostly shellfish on the menu, but no selection of fish like I assumed.

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

36% Recommend
Bend, Oregon
“Dependably Delicious Foor and Attentive service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

They offer regular coupons for their prime rib dinners every weekend which are reliablely tender and generous. There is a cozy happy hour with small-meal dishes, as well as drinks. Even their lunches are affordable and elegant. Finally. it is never noisy and/or crowded.

Visited July 2012
Bend, Oregon
“Taking our Special Ladies for Mother'sDay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

This restaurant is set back from many restaurants in Bend, either downtown or right on third street. It is set back, and is situated inEighties conrete Office building dominated by State Offices. So eatingthere was a surprise, the fact that it ewasopenfor Mother's Day was nice, we made reservations. The sea food was great my wife had the Lobster, I had thesteak, some of us had the Onion soup, others the soup chicken pot pie, altogether great food , great service.
I am not a big tipper, for many reasons, buit the staff took our orders , and the cooks served up all our food together. A real treat IMHO!

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington
“Walking distance from the Red Lion and other hotels.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We want to be able to walk to a restaurant from the Red Lion and this place was the only place that looked more upscale than a typical pizza or pub type place. The wine was good, the bread was fresh, I ordered a shrimp linguine which was loaded with shrimp. I'd say it's a good value and okay atmosphere. Service wasn't very professioal the night I was there anyway.

Visited April 2012
“Terrible Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

Because we were a large party, we made a reservation. The kitchen should have been prepared, clearly they were not. Literally 1/2 of us received our meal in a timely manner; the other 1/2 waited more than 10 minutes when they thought to bring out bread. Their meals trickled in, with the last person receiving her meal, cold, about 20 min. later. There were only 4 other patrons in the dining room.

• Visited February 2012