“Good pizza but not wood fired” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Laguna Beach, California
“Good pizza but not wood fired”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Perhaps I sound like a pizza snob, but I think wood fired pizza is far better tasting than oven baked. Mondo has excellent tasting pizza sauce & a wide variety of creative toppings. For this they get five stars, but the crunch and extra zesty flavor from a wood fired oven is missing here.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Washougal, Washington
“Gotta go here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Whenever we are in Bend, this place is our go-to lunch spot. A slice of whatever wonderful creations they have available (always difficult to pick just one) and a yummy salad. Love to eat outside and enjoy the people walking by...

Visited November 2012
Penticton, Canada
“Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

This place had a great atmosphere & the best pizza & salad I think I have ever eaten. Several pizzas to choose from already made up to buy by the slice. The service was quick & friendly . We each had a slice of pizza, salad & a drink for 11 bucks & it was delicious .

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bend, Oregon
“Tasty, creative pizza in a non-fussy location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Mount Olympus and The Wild Turkey are two of my favorites, but there are plenty of additional creations to choose from. We're new to town, but thus far - Mondo is definitely our favorite. It's a small place and gets quite busy, so plan your timing well or opt for their delivery.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bend, Oregon
“Food is excellent! Service...........not so excellent.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I love the food here; everything is good. Their pizza is one of my faves in town, I love the Mondo salad, and their brownies are fantastic (not a huge fan of the garlic knots, but if you are a bread-y, I'm sure you'll like them). Having said that, the service is extremely disappointing both at the restaurant and via delivery. My family and I went to the restaurant for lunch a couple of weeks ago for lunch and there was one person working the front..........during the lunch rush. When it was our turn to order, we didn't even get a smile; never got a please or a thank you (not that I can blame her). This week we tried delivery, and it was worse. Part of our order was forgotten and the driver's response was that it wasn't his fault because he wasn't the one who took the order. Sorry, but that isn't acceptable. Pizza Mondo is off our list until the service has a chance to improve!

• Visited August 2012