“Great healthy option for families!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #78 of 367 Restaurants in Bend
Cuisines: Bagels
“Great healthy option for families!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Great food!!! Definitely recommend for out of town travelers. Easy to find. Good heathy, hearty meal for the kids. Really good alternative drunk selections for kids. Thanks for having us!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Carson City, Nevada
“Not Open by 7”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

The bagels sounded superb. We tried to go, but this place was closed at 0700 on a weekday morning. What's up with that? Everyone in Bend doesn't get up until 1000ish? Didn't even look like there was anyone there making fresh bagels. Also, no sign on the door indicating a regular closure on that day or an emergency.

Visited June 2013
Bend
“Awesomeness in generous sizes! The very best Hot Pastrami EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Rockin' Dave's is a small space, crammed full for about eight tables. I use their take out service and I have to say, they put out the most incredibly flavorful sandwiches I have ever enjoyed in Bend. My absolute favorite is the Hot Pastrami, consisting of an amazing combination of their house smoked pastrami, Swiss cheese, grilled onions and mustard on a thick sliced rye bread and garnished with their own "sassy pickles". The smoky flavor is noticeable right from the first bite but is never overpowering, a very nice and subtle layer to the already intense flavors. The meat is so tender and the only problem you will have is they are a little messy. And the serving is huge! I am a big guy, and a big eater and sharing this sandwich leaves me full and very content. This is without any doubt the best Hot Pastrami I have enjoyed anywhere. The menu offers a great many amazing delights, including my favorite breakfast, the "Oh Nelly" with wild smoked salmon, cucumber, tomato, red onion and lemon Dill cream cheese; a nice twist on the traditional lox and bagels...yummy!

Considering that these $9.00 sandwiches will comfortably feed two, they are very reasonably priced. If you haven't tried this place, now is the time. I promise you will be disappointed in any way!

Cheers!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bend, Oregon
“Best bagels in Bend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is by far my favorite place for a quick, low key place to eat in Bend. Another reviewer said they were expensive, I totally disagree -- prices are spot on -- for less than $10 I got two bagels w/cc, soup and a drink.

They offer a large selection of bagels, schmear, home made soup, sandwiches, salads and other tasty weekly specials.

The owner's (the "Dave's) are super friendly and not once have I been there that one of them didn't come out to check on me and ask how my food was.

If you are gluten free or a vegetarian, there are always choices for you too!

They also have beer (bottled and tap), wine and make a killer bloody mary. There is always great music playing and a local newspaper to peruse as you eat.

Seating is a little tight, but I never feel "crowded".

I lived in Boston for 2 years and Dave's reminds me of those tasty East Coast boiled bagels.

The folks that work here are awesome friendly "bend-types" who are always ready to suggest a perfect meal -- and they actually eat here on their "off" days.

Do not let the tight parking deter you...you can always park on 6th of 7th streets and walk down.

I eat here once a week and have NEVER been disappointed.

Bring your dog and sit outside in the summer!

• Visited February 2013