“5 star except for 2 items” 4 of 5 stars

Pronghorn, An Auberge Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   65600 Pronghorn Club Drive, Bend, OR 97701   |
Ranked #15 of 43 Hotels in Bend
Hillsborough, California
“5 star except for 2 items”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

I have had the privilege of visiting Pronghorn more than once. It is a beautiful resort with spectacular golf courses. The staff is engaging, the food and wine are well above average. There are 2 areas that have plagued my visit. I have no cell service in the unit and the wifi goes out constantly . Once they fix I those problems I will give it a 5 star.

Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
spokane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I just returned from a 4 day trip with 22 golfers from Pronghorn and it was 5 star the whole way. The staff treated us like royalty and the facilities and courses are the best you can find. We have traveled the entire west to various resorts and this was hands down everyones favorite and ranked right alongside Bandon Dunes. We will be back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Pleasanton, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Excellent service and wonderful location. It is a little drive from the town but not too bad. Great service as expected but be forewarned, the Jr Suite is basically a king room albeit with a fireplace. No sitting area nor desk nor kitchenette. Even for a couple it is basically great for a night or two. We felt that promoting this lock-off as a junior suite was misleading.
Golf is fantastic and did I mention service is first class! A new hotel is coming and this might fill the gap between the full condo and the smaller lock-off.

Room Tip: If you are staying more than one or two nights and plan to spend any time in the room other than sle...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I visited Pronghorn and stayed at a beautiful town home. The resort is set amongst acres of beautiful grounds. This was my first visit to Oregon, and I was impressed with how beautiful the area is. There are two championship golf courses, a magnificent clubhouse, and a great restaurant. I found everyone at the resort was extremely warm, and always helpful in providing arrangements for fun excursions like hiking, and skiing. A shuttle was available to take us to downtown Bend, which was only 20 minutes away. The town is quaint and a fun excursion. I heard Auberge is building a lodge at the property, and I look forward to coming back to stay there.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I went to Pronghorn for a week in February for a business trip and had an amazing time. The location itself is gorgeous- it felt secluded, but it was still really easy to get into Bend. Aside from the activity options, which I loved, the service is what made the experience so exceptional. Jennifer, who works at Trailhead, was our waitress every morning and went above and beyond- remembering the specific things we had requested the day before, suggesting great restaurants in town, letting us know best hiking spots etc. I wish we had more time to go skiing and try some of the hikes, but am excited to go back on a non-business related trip.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

We traveled to Bend after Christmas with eight family members. Our intent was to find a wintry getaway to ski and spend time with cousins and grandma. The Pronghorn suited us quite nicely. We skiied every other day, an easy 45 minute drive to mt bachelor, and enjoyed the sunny 55 degree Bend weather to bike, golf, etc. We rented a four bedroom townhouse which provided everything we needed. We arranged grocery delivery ahead of time so the house was well appointed when we arrived.

The staff was very friendly. The restaurants were good if not great and we were treated quite nicely. Bonus- daily maid service - not expected but most welcome. Give it a try.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

My Husband and I plus or dog went for the weekend to Pronghorn resort. This was a Birthday gift for my husband to golf. THe location is great, between Bend and Redmond, if you are looking for a total get away this is the place. The Hotel staff couldn't have been more pleasant and made us feel so welcome, wishing my husband happy Birthday on arrival and also at Dinner.

We ate Dinner, Breakfast & Lunch at the resort and all where fantastic and very reasonable in price.
The golf course is excellent, and kept in pristine condition. The rooms are great very cozy with a gas fire, fitted with all the amenities you would expect from the resort of this standard.

Even though it was winter and extermly cold, the golf course was still open. While my husband played golf I took advantage of the wonderful fittness facility equipment with all the machines you could want, plus a fantastic workout studio. There is also hottubs, the pools where closed this time of year but would be worth a trip back in the summer.

This is the perfect relaxing get away, with a short drive in the bustling town of Bend.
We are already looking forward to getting back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Pronghorn, An Auberge Resort? Share your experiences!