“Very Good Option” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Bend

Save Saved
You added Hilton Garden Inn Bend to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Bend
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   425 SW Bluff Drive, Bend, OR 97702 (Formerly Ameritel Inn Bend)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
HHonors 2X Points Pkg
Ranked #4 of 41 hotels in Bend
GreenLeadersSilver level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Very Good Option”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Arriving late in the evening we were delighted to be welcomed so warmly at the Hilton Garden Inn at Bend. Despite the late hour, the chef and server sorted us out with a very nice meal and an even better Oregon IPA.

This is a very well located hotel that provides good value accommodation. The standard of bedrooms is very high. The public areas are also impressive. The only thing that let it down was the rather random service at breakfast. It was challenging for the staff because the hotel was full. However, there really was no excuse for letting food get cold.

Do not let that put you off. This is a really good option for your visit to Bend.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

348 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Jefferson, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

As first time visitors to Bend, The Hilton Garden Inn provided a great place to explore the River walk, Old Mill and close drive to downtown. Comfortable beds etc and loved the fact you could open the windows for fresh air rather than AC. Would recommend.

Salem, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Great facility. Updated rooms and strong service. We don't go anywhere else in Bend. Best pools in a hotel setting that we've stayed at and top notch work out facility too. Minutes to excellent shopping, eating, playgrounds, concerts....right in the heart of the Mill District in Bend.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Don S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bend, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
It sounds like you really enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the great review. We are in one the best locations in Bend and I'm so please to hear you had the chance to enjoy all this area has to offer.
Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

After experiencing this great place I won't stay anywhere else in Bend. Came for a family wedding, had family in two rooms on the 3rd floor with a balcony and river view . Comfy bed, lovely room, thought this property must be new as it was so fresh and pretty....surprised to find that it was 10 yrs old! Breakfast with family downstairs was wonderful, the wait staff very attentive. We loved sitting out on our balcony with coffee in the morning enjoying the beautiful scenery. The Old Mill area was great to walk and enjoy and being able to dine outside on the river was great.
Looking forward to returning, can't think of anything that I would want changed about this property!

The front desk staff was wonderful and seemed to really enjoy greeting their guests. Note: there are no rollaway beds available in this hotel, make sure the room you rent states the # of guests (kids) you are planning on putting in the room.

Room Tip: Request or pay extra for Riverview with balcony and 3rd floor!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We will be looking forward to your return! I’m so please to read how much you and your family enjoyed you stay with us. Thank you for all your wonderful compliments.
Molalla, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

The hotel was nice and clean. Though for the price i felt the were not a lot of ammentities. Other then that we would go back. Manly because of the location. It has a beatiful setting. We love Old Mill District. Everything is in walking distance.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your resent stay with us. I'm happy to hear it was an enjoyable one. Glad you had the opportunity to explore the wonderful area that we are so lucky to be located in.
Rochester, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice before when it was an Ameritel. It is an upscale property with much larger rooms and much nicer accommodations. You can observe by how well this property was built by the prior owners that it is far above the typical Hilton Garden Inn. Unfortunately what occurred with my family and my brother's family upon check-in has left me with significant reservations about the hotel staff. I was not given the riverside rooms I had reserved. The interactions with staff upon check-in were the worst experience I have ever had with any hotel. We were flat out lied to, followed by a series of flimsy contradictory excuses. We were made to feel that they were very busy and had other seemingly more important guests to accommodate over the next several days. A riverside room that I was told were all gone was given out to a couple who arrived and checked in after we did, right across the hall from us. The type of rooms we were given were not located where the staff told us they were in the hotel. We were told we were being given one parking lot side and one riverside room. We got two parking lot rooms that were not located according to the preferences indicated in my reservation confirmation. It is hard to imagine a hotel that staff does not know on which side of the hotel the rooms are located. I would be very cautious about what you are told when making a reservation, versus what you are told upon check-in. I also witnessed what occurred with a man who was there to check in while I was checking out that was quite disconcerting. This gentleman told me staff had lied to him about the certainty of a room being ready for him at this hotel after he drove 36 hours without sleep. His room was not ready and nothing was apparently offered to accommodate him. He too was very exasperated by desk staff during his somewhat lengthy conversation with them. He was a nice young man but was clearly grossly over tired and appeared too tired to argue with them. I felt very bad for him. His experience only fostered my concerns. This hotel is wonderfully well laid out and decorated. As an Ameritel, the staff could not have been more friendly or helpful. The total opposite appears to be true now. I have nothing against Hilton, but this was a very poor experience with staff for me and obviously for others. Use caution here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
I would like to personally apologize for your experience at the front desk. I can assure you it is not a standard at our property to find someone that is not extremely helpful at our property. We strive to ensure all our staff and team members know just how much we value your business and go above and beyond to take care of our guests. Again, I do apologize for the issue you had. I would like to reach out to further to discuss the details of your experience. We always pride ourselves in offering the highest level of comfort and service to each and every one of our guests. I do hope you will stay with us once again and allow us to give you the service you have come to expect while staying at the Hilton Garden Inn.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The hotel is located in the Old Mill District which is near many shops and restaurants. It overlooks the beautiful Deschutes river. It is about a mile from the center of Bend.

The facility is new and well maintained. There is an indoor pool and hot tub, work out room, and a laundry room.

It's not the closest hotel if you are coming to ski at Mount Bachelor, but it's a nice compromise between ease of getting to the mountain and being close to town.

The price is on the high end, but it was worth it to us.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
I’m please to read not only did you enjoy our property but all that is surrounding us as well. We look forward to having you back as our guest in the near future.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Bend? Share your experiences!