“About what we expected...” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #19 of 43 Hotels in Bend
Wisconsin, United States
“About what we expected...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We often stay at Comfort Inn hotels, so we knew about what to expect. I was pleased that this hotel's lobby was immaculate, the staff was extraordinarily friendly, and the bed didn't have one of those nasty, germ-ridden coverlets. That being said, our room was a tad shabby. Not dirty, not uncomfortable per se, but just needed a little TLC--a few dings in the wall that had been hastily clayed over, unfinished trim, peeling paper and paint. Again, the room was comfortable and clean and everything worked fine--but it just didn't LOOK as nice as it could have.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Belinda L, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience! We work very hard every day to provide clean and comfortable accommodations to all of our guests, I have shared your feedback with our maintenance staff. Also, I am very happy to share that over the next 6 to 8 months we will be updating all of our guest rooms, with refreshed wall covering, new furniture, and new bedding. Hopefully you’ll have an opportunity to visit again, and experience our guest rooms being as immaculate as the lobby. Thank you again for taking the time to share and for choosing the Comfort Inn & Suites while you were visiting beautiful Bend, Oregon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Helena, Montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Room was nice. Checkin process was not. Had to switch rooms twice - first room was on floor 1 - luggage cart cannot get to floor 1. Second room was being worked on and should not have been assigned. Third room was finally OK.

Not a very convenient location fo us. Next time will look for something closer to the old mill district.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the fisrt floor if you need a luggage cart to get your stuff in.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Belinda L, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us and our future guests. Unfortunately, we do have 5 stairs to first floor hallway, and it can make bringing very much or larger luggage to those rooms, but we do have an elevator to the second floor. I’m very sorry you were inconvenienced by having to move rooms before getting into one that was accommodating to your needs. I have addressed this with our front desk staff, and believe we have taken corrective measures to ensure that in the future it isn’t an inconvenience to our guests. Thank you for helping us to improve our service!
oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Upon checking in we were offered a room that looked into a wall, from very close. The only part of the view not taken by that wall opened onto some old shipment containers!
We asked for a change of room and we got it. That room was small and the climatization very noisy and difficult to control, temperature-wise. I had to keep getting up to try and fix it.
Then the unexceptional breakfast was offered in styrofoam cups and plates ....
We will not go back there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience; we work very hard to provide a comfortable and enjoyable stay to all of our guests, and are sorry to hear that your stay fell short of this. The rooms on the back side of the building do have another building close by, which we have found some guests really like as it makes for a very quiet night’s sleep with no road noise. I’m glad we were able to move you to a room that had a more appealing view. Thank you for bringing the temperature control difficulty to our attention, our maintenance staff is looking into this to ensure there are no problems for future guests. If there is anything specific about your stay that you would like to discuss, please feel free to contact me at the hotel directly, 541-617-9696 or belinda@comfortinnbend.com.
Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Stayed here for one night on business. The room was comfortable, and I enjoyed my stay.

A few points:

1) I asked for, and was allowed, a late checkout. I really appreciated this as I had a ton of work to do and a late flight.
2) The room didn't have an adequate space for me to work. I spent about 6 hours working, but was challenged with the small desk space. If I wasn't on business, this wouldn't have been an issue.
3) It was quiet! Super quiet...you've gotta love that!
4) Within walking distance are multiple grocery stores, restaurants and even an Old Navy.
5) Every employee I interacted with was pleasant, helpful and friendly, save one.
6) From reading other reviews, I guess there's a continental breakfast? Unfortunately, the gentleman who checked me in didn't mention this, so I purchased breakfast elsewhere, bummer...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Belinda L, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us and our future guests. We are glad you enjoyed your stay, and appreciate you bringing the areas that need improvement to our attention, I have shared your comments with our staff and we are striving to improve the communication of amenity information during check in. Also, in the future if you need more space we do have studio suites that are more spacious and have larger work desks. Please keep us in mind while traveling to Bend, we’d love to have you stay again!
Southern Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

This hotel was great. I like its location over downtown. It its close to shopping and an easy drive to just about anywhere you might want to go.

Room was very comfortable and quiet . Beds are on the firmer side, which I prefer. Bathroom is on the smaller side but you don't have the sink in the room, it is actually in the bathroom.

Pleasantly surprised with a flat screen TV in the room, since online pictures showed much older TVs.

For the price, this hotel was a good deal and I would recommend it to anyone looking to stay in the area.

• Stayed July 2012
We are all happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that the location worked well for your time spent in Bend, Oregon. Please keep us in mind the next time you are in town, we would love to see you again soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

Great location, within walking distance to several shops and restaurants. Friendly staff. Good continental breakfast.

• Stayed May 2012
Thank you for sharing your stay experience, we hope you'll be back soon!
turlock, cali
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

The bed was comfortable which is always a good thing. Close to whole foods and other shops which made getting dinner in the room a breeze as we had driven 9 hours and didn't want to go out to eat. The motel was not full, so why put us next to a stairwell that everyone uses? Why put us facing the parking lot that has traffic noise? Everyone who travels appreciates a quiet room. Breakfast was ok, coffee not so good. The breakfast staff was a little intrusive in that as I was looking for salt and pepper they wanted to know what I needed...looking for the pepper among the million salt packets that's all and then they wouldn't let me pour the waffle mix as it was evidently too much for the waffler and they didn't want to clean up a mess I "might" make....I guess they were trying to be helpful but it was a tad annoying. They need attention to detail in the rooms as you can see from the vent and the patch job not completed.

Room Tip: Don't get room next to stairs from lobby.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time share your experience, and bringing the trouble areas to our attention; I have shared your comments with our staff and we are working to correct the problems that you encountered. If you there is anything about your stay that you would like to discuss further please feel free to contact me at the hotel 541-617-9696 or by email belinda@comfortinnbend.com. We hope to see you again when passing through Bend, Oregon!

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!