“Nice family stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 42 hotels in Bend
Lincoln, NE
“Nice family stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Had a great one night stay in Bend at the Red Lion. It was close by to our family and I liked the reviews on Tripadvisor. It was a good thing we had a reservation because when we walked in to check in, that was the first thing we were asked. The gentleman at the desk said there were 3 people before us he had to turn away because they were full. We had made a reservation earlier that morning, so it worked out for us. They had complimentary coffee and cookies in the lobby. The room was clean and a decent size. Free wifi/parking. We brought our 2 dogs along and they gave us a bone at check-in for the dogs. I thought that was cute. Didn't spend a lot of time there the first night, but beds were comfortable. The morning breakfast was hot and plentiful. Hot eggs, sausage, bacon, and potatoes. Also, cold cereal, muffins, oatmeal, juice bar, etc. We spent a good couple hours swimming in the pool and hot tub. It was well maintained, stocked with towels, and very relaxing. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

224 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Vancouver, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Stayed one night on business. While an older property and needing some updates to their curb appeal, Red Lion Bend handles all of the things a business traveler needs:

1) Clean room with comfortable beds
2) Hot breakfast
3) Friendly staff
4) Great location

See you next time I am in town!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

I dread checking in. It consistently takes longer than any other hotel I stay at, even if there are less peoe waiting. Plus, on my most recent visit my key cards stopped working so I got to experience the front desk a Second time. Otherwise, the hotel is nice and the rooms are clean. Some of them are a little cramped depending on your luck. The breakfast is pretty good as well.

• Stayed September 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

We've had fairly good luck with Priceline, but our luck ran out with this place. Three stars, it was NOT! The Red
Lion Inn was an old, run-down motel on a busy thoroughfare in the middle of town. The "pool" was a sad after-thought: a small pool, surrounded by a wooden fence in the middle of the parking lot. Our room was small. We had to walk sideways, crab-like, to get past the bed. It had a tiny, dated bathroom. Rough towels. The rooms were supposedly updated recently, so I shudder to think of what it was like before the renovation. Despite mostly below-par qualities, it was quiet (we had a room away from Highway 97) and the bed was comfy. So although our stay was disappointing, at least we got a fairly good night's sleep. Since we had zero expectations of their free breakfast, we skipped it, and ate at Chow on the west side.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
RL_Customer_Care, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Bend, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you so much for providing your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am glad you were able to get a quiet, good night sleep on our comfy beds but I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations regarding the rest of your stay. We take all of our guests’ comments seriously as they assist us in providing better service. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so we can prove our ability to exceed your expectations.

Melizza Inocencio – General Manager
Folsom, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I've stayed in Bend many times but this was the first time staying at the Red Lion Inn. I was very pleasantly surprised how nice and large this hotel was. The room was enormous, very large, nice beds, nice tiled bathroom, two separate sinks and counters with fridge, microwave and coffee maker. The room was very clean, the staff friendly and helpful and the pool area was really nice and well kept making it fun to hang out there. Another very nice thing about this hotel is that they are pet friendly which is great in Bend which was voted #1 dog friendly town in 2012.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I was most pleased with the spacious, well appointed, clean and comfortable room. The staff was friendly, knowledgeable about the surrounding area, and efficient during the checkin/checkout process. We were greeted with a friendly "Good Morning" both days as we sat down to a hearty breakfast with good coffee. When I goofed up and left my home pillows in the room, I called to let them know I'd be back to get them soon, and the pillows were there waiting for me at the front desk moments later. There is also a beautiful pool and hot tub to soak in after a long day of hiking and a Black Bear diner near by for dinner. Very nice and comfortable stay for a reasonable price!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
La Quinta, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed at the Red Lion Hotel in Bend with my dog last week and it was a very good experience. At check in, I was treated with a bottle of water and my dog Lily received treats. The room was very clean and comfortable, a nice doggy area, and the free breakfast was everything I needed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Red Lion Hotel Bend? Share your experiences!