“Helicopter Tour of Central Oregon” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 25 Tours & Activities in Bend
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover Bend, Oregon and close Central Oregon surroundings in an exciting helicopter flight. All tours are performed with state of the art Bell and Robinson helicopters which are maintained by factory-trained technicians and flown by highly experienced commercial pilots to ensure your safety. In fact, the Bell 206 Jet Ranger has the highest safety record of any aircraft in the world.
Bend, Oregon
3 attraction reviews
“Helicopter Tour of Central Oregon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

I was given a helicopter tour of Central Oregon last year and finally got around to taking the flight. It is definitely one of the best birthday presents I've ever gotten. It is a fun and unique way to see the area and many unique natural wonders the has to offer. If you are looking for a unique present for someone or a treat for yourself I recommend the tour. I've attached a couple of pictures from the tour.

Laurie

Visited June 2012

Sisters, Oregon
3 attraction reviews
“Bucket List Flightseeing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

My husband and I flew with friends from Sisters and fulfilled a long standing wish to see our area from the air. The weather was beautiful! We booked the 1 hour flight, and were able to fly over our homes in Sisters, then over the Cascades to the beautiful lakes on the backside. Beautiful waterfalls, Deschutes River, Pilot Butte, lava fields. It was amazing! Our pilot Shawn was very good, very accomodating. We'll do it again with visitors to our area.

Visited June 2012
Eugene, Oregon
11 attraction reviews
“I highly recommend a tour by Leading Edge Aviation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We booked the 15 minute Discover Bend Tour, and had a great time! They are professional safe, hospitable, and reliable! The fee is very fair! We had a wonderful time with them!

Visited May 2012
Oregon
“A wonderful way to see Central Oregon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

Leading edge offers a number of different tours, all around central Oregon. They can also plan a custom tour for you if need be. But the staff is extremely friendly, professional, and courteous, with seemingly a ton of knowledge of both the area and the aircraft you fly in. The prices are a tad steep, but in the end its really the only way to do something like this around here, and it could be a lot higher, as I have seen in other touristy areas. Regardless, this is still a great way to spend a sunny day if you are in town, or live in town and want a different view of the area.

Visited March 2012
Portland, Oregon
“Helicopter flight in Bend Oregon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

My wife and I took a helicopter flight from Bend to look at the surrounding area. We flew up the Deschutes River and then to Sun River. The view of the mountains was amazing.

As a forty year pilot I was impressed with the safety of the operation and the excellent condition of the helicopters in Leading Edges fleet of helicopters.

The pilot took extra care to make sure my wife didn't get sick. He also let me fly which was fun because I have never flown a helicopter before.

HIGHLY recommend Leading Edge and the sigh seeing from a helicopter in the Bend area.

Visited September 2011