“SUNDAY DELIGHT” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #50 of 367 Restaurants in Bend
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner
Description: Just minutes from downtown Bend! With stunning views of the surrounding Cascade peaks, the Grill is open daily to the public for breakfast, lunch and dinner. For those warm, sunny days, try our seasonal outdoor dining patio overlooking the golf course. The Row is our relaxed pub experience and features delicious fresh food and multiple flat screen tvs. Open for lunch, dinner and nightcaps!
Barrington, Illinois
“SUNDAY DELIGHT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I had the pleasure of hosting a sunday brunch at Tetherow while visiting in Bend, Oregon. We were all so happy with every part of our experience. Our party of seven was greeted and seated with smiles by the welcoming staff. The menu was filled with descriptive options and choices. Every one made it known they were pleased with their food, the attentive service staff and I was happy to pay the check with such happy guests.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Good golf, good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

If you golf, and want something like the link courses in Scotland/Ireland/Bandon, but without the totally nasty weather -- this is you spot. But DO use the forecaddy -- it is awesome!

And the restaurant is very good!!

Visited April 2011
“Welcoming Atmoshpere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

Most golf club restaurants have the exclusivity feeling that makes an outsider uncomfortable. Ate lunch here, had the French Dip for a reasonable price. Good place to do business in private.

Bend, OR
“Small, but good view1”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

The dinning rooj (sic) is very small with very small tables. Our lunch hardly fit on the table, and all we had was one plate and a drink apiece. Good food and friendly staff, but did overcome the cramped feeling.

Bend, Oregon
“Mostly Really Good but Wildly Inconsistent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

The Tetherow Club Grill is open to the public, and we decided to go there to celebrate my daughter's 14th birthday. It is situated on the edge of Bend and has spectacular mountain views, at least when the mountains are not shrouded in clouds. On a chilly fall evening, the dining area was very welcoming with an operating wood fireplace. We were the first ones there and wondered if our reservations were required, but it turned out that they were since the restaurant filled up quite quickly.

Our waiter was excellent and brought some really good bread to our table almost immediately. A nice touch was that it was accompanied by both butter and balsamic/olive oil. The menu offers about a dozen entrees and a couple of options for three course dinners - soup/salad/appetizer, entree, dessert for either $25 or $35, depending on the entree selected. The waiter allowed my daughter to substitute fries tossed with truffle salt and truffle oil in place of soup/salad/appetizer. The portion was huge, and my wife and I shared them with her. They were absolutely delicious and beautifully presented. My wife had roasted beets with goat cheese and oohed and aah-ed while devouring them. My Caesar salad was okay but not exceptional; Caesar salads made without anchovies are kind of mundane. Anyway, we were off to a really good start.

My daughter ordered ravioli made with Oregon coast wild mushrooms. It looked really good and she said that it was outstanding. My wife had Pacific steelhead over grilled spinach with roasted Yukon gold potatoes. The steelhead portion was quite small and somewhat overdone, but she enjoyed it anyhow. The potatoes had not been roasted long enough so that they were hard in the middle. It makes one wonder how something so basic could be messed up. But it gets worse. My entree was Muscovy duck breast over
seared polenta cake with a madeira-glace and Brussels sprouts. It would have been more accurate to call it Brussel sprout since there was only one, albeit a very good one. Why only one?! Normally I really like polenta, but this polenta reminded me of college days when I left ground beef lying around too long so that it was on the edge of rotten. I could not imagine how polenta could taste rotten, but it was absolutely vile. First thinking that maybe my taste buds were screwed up (Who knows? Go figure.), I asked for my wife's opinion. She agreed - awful. When our waiter checked to see how our entrees were, I asked what was in the polenta. He checked with the chef and confirmed that it was made with the usual ingredients that could in no way account for the awful flavor. When I mentioned that they tasted rotten, he replaced them with garlic mashed potatoes that were delicious. Speaking of delicious, the duck breast was prepared perfectly and was nothing short of outstanding. Later on I asked our waiter if they had figured out what was wrong with the poletna, and he said something to the effect that the chef was working to figure it out. My suspicion is that it was just plain spoiled, and I was glad not to get sick from eating a few bites of it.

The reason my daughter chose Tetherow was that they have creme brulee on their dessert menu. The portion was quite large, and it was really good.

The restaurant is hard to rate because of inconsistency, but I am giving it 4 stars. The ambiance and service were wonderful, and when the food was good it was more than good; it was outstanding. However, the snafus I described above should not occur in a really good restaurant.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere