“Bummed I waited so long to try Spork” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 378 Restaurants in Bend
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night
Description: gourmet food cart . delightful!
“Bummed I waited so long to try Spork”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

I have heard great things for years about Spork. So today I stopped in at the new sit down on Newport Ave. amazing Decor, friendly knowledgeable service. I don't really like Catfish, but OMG those Catfish tacos were just amazing. I think I love Catfish!!!! Ok Catfish from Spork. My friend got the Pork Belly Sando. The kimcee was some if the best I've ever had. Pork belly was juicy and tender. Great great great food. Don't miss this place, casual and comfy. Thank you Spork

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Farmville, Virginia
“Absolutely amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Today I had lunch at Spork, an (almost) new restaurant on the west side of Bend. Spork used to be a small operation run out of a trailer and it's always had a very loyal following. Now it's being run from a brick-and-mortar location on Newport Ave. Everyone is talking about this place, so I had to go and see for myself.

The menu is a delightful combination of favorite foods from different cultures - Mexican, Peruvian, and Thai, to name but a few. I had heard all about about their tacos, corn-on-the-cob and salads from friends of mine who had eaten there, so I ordered a grilled romaine lettuce salad and had their delicious corn, which comes on a bed of shredded cabbage with pickled jalapeños. The corn has been grilled expertly, and comes with Mexican-style cream, queso cotija, and finely minced cilantro. It was so delicious, as was my grilled romaine salad.

Spork has a large number of small dishes - almost like tapas - available to nibble on before lunch or dinner. They also have an impressive assortment of beverages including beer, wine and cocktails. All of their menu prices are low to somewhere in the reasonable range.

Finally, when I arrived at 11:50 today, there were only a few people scattered about eating. Within 20 minutes the place had filled and there was a line to the counter! The word is out - this place is great, and just what Bend needed!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bend, Oregon
“Lomo Saltado”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

What started as a world-food cart is now a small happening restaurant!

Their small menu is packed with good things to try. The sides are also necessary to taste. This is a restaurant I keep going back to, and it's only been open for one summer! It has a very modern atmosphere, and "do it yourself" seating/bussing.

One MUST-HAVE is the Lomo Saltado. It's one of the best dishes in Bend. Steak/egg/rice, done Peruvian style if my memory serves me right.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Oregon
“Dine on Swine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

The new location on Newport Ave was a good move for Spork. Very walkable from neighboring homes/area. Industrial feel restaurant with lots of tables and great service. The only downside is that it can be very noisy. We chose to sit out on the patio and that was a good choice too. The noise in the restaurant does not take away from the creative and tasty choices on the menu. My friend and I both had the Hosin pork belly sandwich. It was fantastic!! It was served on a healthy size roll. I ate part of the roll then just started eating the filling. I saw that you can purchase a side order of the Hosin pork belly. Good idea, bring some home for later. Looks like we're going to have to go back to try something else. But for now baby....dine on swine!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bend, Oregon
“No Longer a Food Truck!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Spork was, until one week ago, a famous food truck in Bend, Oregon, known for their quality yummy food. But last week, they opened a casual restaurant on Newport Avenue. We went there for lunch a few days after they opened: we both had the tacos (fish, pork, tofu). They were delicious. A bit unevenly spiced (my catfish taco was perfect, but the tofu a little bland), but at $3 a piece, they were an affordable, filling, yummy lunch (and they are also on the "dinner" menu--the same menu). My husband had a beer with his, but we both noted that the beer and wine selection is currently a little limited. Presumably they will offer more selections soon (and include a few affordable wines---$7 is a little high for a very casual restaurant atmosphere). They doors were opened when we ate there, but we are also looking forward to the outdoor seating that looks like might be coming soon. We'll definitely be back.

• Visited June 2013