“Consistantly outstanding facility, staff and service” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Coffee Shop, Bakeries, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Newport Beach, California
“Consistantly outstanding facility, staff and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

This is a regular breakfast stop for us when we are in Bend. Great variety of egg dishes and pancakes. We always take a couple of packages of their Granola back to California with us. Deserves to be rated best restaurant in Bend.

• Visited January 2014

“Best Granola Ever!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

My sister and I went to Bend for a girls weekend…we were told by our Wanderlust tour guide that this was THE PLACE for breakfast. We did have to wait, but the wait was worth it. We split the Smith Rock Benny and the Fresh Strawberry Crepes and bought some of the famous granola to go for later. The food was amazing, the service was spectacular!

Portland, Oregon
“good breakfast but be prepared to wait for seating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I would give McKay's five stars yet for one issue and that is the reservation or no reservation policy. There is traditionally a long wait in the summer and winter. Whether you can get a reservation or not depends not just on the season, but on whoever is answering the phone and whoever is in charge. Locals are definitely given priority when it comes to seating and the whatever call-in system McKay's sometimes runs. Just be prepared to wait. They do provide coffee and outdoor heaters and even some samples of their delicious scones. Food is very good and service is excellent.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Lives up to the reviews!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Wow, what a great place. Relatively long wait but they have perfected easing the wait with outdoor seats, coffee, and radiant heating in the porch area. You can also order espresso drinks and they will bring to you while you wait. Once inside the place is very charming and the food was excellent! A must do if visiting the area!

Brush Prairie, Washington
“Hidden eatery worth finding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

My spouse and I pass through and often overnite in Bend. Not knowing any better place for a breakfast bite, we'd usually end up at a chain restaurant (blah food) hoping to next time find a better place to eat.
I was in Bend today on business and after reading the Tripadvisor high praise, I sought out the McKay Cottage restaurant for a much needed breakfast. WHAT A GREAT FIND! Everything homestyle with baked goods greeting you at the front door. I had a yummy breakfast hash with spinach and poached eggs along with the best bowl of fresh fruit I've ever had at any restaurant.
Great service, homey atmosphere and a great food prepared with TLC. I really like spending my $$ at a business like this. I'm confident you'll like it too.