“First Class in Bend” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 43 Hotels in Bend
Eugene, Oregon
“First Class in Bend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

First class from every aspect. Staff is very well trained. Its a bit pricey. But worth it if you want to treat yourself.We stayed in Terrace Suite and it was very nice. Restaurant was a great surprise. Great cocktails and food was first rate.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Kailua, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

We were greeted by the valet with a genuine smile and offer to assist. Everything from that moment on was an example of customer service at its best. We felt welcomed at each encounter throughout our stay.

Our room was spacious, extremely well equipped with high quality amenities and, in my opinion, one of the most comfortable beds ever.

We thoroughly enjoyed both dinner and breakfast In "10 Below", the hotel restaurant. Fresh, locally sourced ingredients fill the menu and are prepared beautifully.

We will be back and highly recommend this property!

• Stayed October 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

I ended up at this hotel a few months ago because another hotel in town gave my room away at 11:00pm at night so this was the only place left with a room. That was the best blessing! I will now only stay here when I'm in town for business. I have not experienced this level of service and hospitality even at a Four Seasons. Tommy and Todd the bellmen I've interacted with bend (no pun intended) over backwards to settle you into your room, ensure you get in safely (I usually arrive very late in the evening). They offer to get you ice, ask if you need suggestions for dinner, remind you to order breakfast....the list goes on and on. The front desk is just as friendly upon arrival and check out. Frank at the front desk even personally fixed my computer when I had internet trouble. The rooms are extremely comfortable and clean. Even the maids are consistently friendly. I can't say enough about this place. I can't imagine there's a better place to stay in Bend.

• Stayed October 2013
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this property. From the moment I stepped out at the front door until my departure after a six day stay, I had wonderful service from the staff. They managed that magic balance of highly professional and friendly. The hotel restaurant 10 Below was a real surprise as normally I would not choose to eat "in" but the quality of the food and the excellent presentation made 10 Below a favourite gathering place for many, who like me were there for the excellent Bend Film Festival. I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else in Bend and I certainly hope to stay there again next year.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Salem, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I loved this hotel. My husband and I came here for our anniversary and we were not the least bit disappointed. From check in to check out the hotel staff make you feel like royalty regardless of class.

The room was so well appointed. We had a large king size bed that slept wonderful! At the foot of it was a bench and off to the side was a sitting area (like a mini suite). The bathroom was really modern and top of the line with both a shower and tub so bring the bubble bath! Very nice soap products. Dani I think.

The location is downtown and walking distance to many coffee shops, restaurants and also McMenamins (which is a favorite haunt of mine). If you do not want to venture out they have a lovely restaurant bar downstairs called 10 Below that was very classy with decent drinks and food.

If you are a smoker, this is a non-smoking hotel but you can simply go out the front lobby and across the street is a bench that you can sit on to the left. I did not mind doing this at all.

This hotel smelled really good and was very clean. I would most definitely come back next year for my anniversary again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Like other reviewers have noted, this hotel offers a lot of nice amenities and overall great experience. It's located centrally in town and everything is in walking distance. The room occupied was called a 'Boutique King' - it was very spacious with sitting area, desk, small kitchen area and a very large bathroom. Can't imaging needing a larger room. The staff service was great and it was easy to call the concierge for anything you wished for including a particular type of tea. During departure, the hotel staff was again wonderful and it seemed like we were leaving a friend's home rather than a hotel. When in Bend, we'll be back! P.S. Enjoyed Dudeley's Bookshop Cafe for coffee/breakfast just down the street.

Room Tip: While room 209 was over the lobby area and on the street, it was quiet and the hotel has great black...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I think this is my favorite hotel I've ever stayed in.
The staff has attended to every detail, to make your experience a pleasant one.
All attendants were just so personable: parking attendant, bellman, front desk receptionist, housekeeper, and restaurant staff-- I was really amazed. As a frequent traveler, I'm used to accommodating other peoples' occasional shortcomings, in the realm of interpersonal interaction, but not at Oxford.
I think that, no matter what "class" you normally "fly," The Oxford Hotel will impress you. I can't wait to come back here-- I'm never staying anywhere else in the Bend/ Central Oregon area ever again. It's the best.
Side note: the restaurant, 10 Below. Wonderful hotel food, better than I expected. I usually have a hard time at restaurants because of multiple food intolerances, and I often have to order a combination of things off the menu that aren't otherwise related (which, generally, either isn't permitted, or royally tees off the chef), so I got nervous when my bartender/ server wasn't writing down all that I was saying, to bring back to the kitchen. To my surprise and delight, all that I ordered came out perfectly, even though it was pretty complex (thanks, Claudia!). The chef made a point to greet me and explain that I needn't feel bad: making people happy is his specialty (thanks, Dustin!). They have a ridiculously great happy hour here (two of 'em, actually), so it actually makes it possible to eat and drink on the cheap... even at an upscale boutique hotel downtown! Doesn't get much more Oregonian than that! So sweet, so accommodating.
Oh yeah, and the workout area boasts an epic steam room that'll make you forget what planet you're on, as well as a pretty top-notch whirlpool and traditional sauna. Yes. Perfect after a day of driving.
They really take care of you here, and it feels so good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Oxford Hotel? Share your experiences!