“Bend's Finest -- Would Hold Its Own Anywhere” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
10% Off - Book Direct
Ranked #1 of 41 hotels in Bend
Atascadero, California
“Bend's Finest -- Would Hold Its Own Anywhere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

The Oxford Hotel in Bend would hold its own against any hotel anywhere. It's that good. We arrived with two dogs on a road trip--heading home from a wedding--planning to stay one night. We quickly figured out that we wanted a second night at the hotel, and fortunately, the hotel had a room for us (though we had to move for the second night). The rooms are spacious and tastefully appointed, and the staff is out of this world.As for the rooms, both of ours had full kitchens and were stocked with freshly ground coffee and a french press to make it in. The bathrooms had amazing thick glass countertops--way cool--and kitchen countertops were cement. The staff was solicitous, but not obsequious, and very friendly towards the dogs. And the hotel is right downtown in the old part of Bend, right near Drake Park on the Deschutes River. I am ready to return!

371 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Medina,WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were part of a golfing party and not only loved our well set out room but had an exceptional dinner in the restaurant. The staff were very pleasant and accommodating as well. We did not use the spa but friends did and said it was very good and clean. The location is perfect with shops and restaurants near by.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was our second stay at the Oxford in Bend and we sincerely love the place. The rooms are very clean, stylish, comfortable and quiet. We really appreciated the workout room/sauna and the location of the hotel can't be beat. Close to numerous coffee spots and restaurants as well. All of the staff are very friendly and go the extra mile to make your stay the very best. Many thanks to Brian and Jason in concierge for the excellent service provided, recommendations and for making our stay a great one. Jason recommended trying the hotel's Breedlove guitars, and I believe my husband is a diehard Breedlove fan now. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

The Oxford is definitely the nicest hotel in town, and it has the BEST location. If you have a car, they'll valet it for you, which is nice because parking can be terrible! If you don't have a car, you can walk everywhere you need to go downtown; there are plenty of shops, restaurants and entertainment within blocks. The room furnishings are very high-end and modern. The amenities in the bathroom are all DANI brand and are soooo nice. The only downfall is if you're a fan of room service. The food all comes from the restaurant beneath the hotel, 10 Below. I'm not a fan. In my opinion, everything there is "weird." I ordered a grilled cheese and fries for dinner and it wasn't what I was expecting or wanted. I got an omelette and potatoes for breakfast and that wasn't good either. Maybe my palate is too unsophisticated....however if you're interested in happy hour, definitely head down there for some fun and interesting drinks.

Room Tip: If you are in town for the 4th of July Pet Parade, ask for a room with a balcony facing the street a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
jfrancis88
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

I came to stay for only a night, then extended through Sunday this past weekend. I was overshelmed with how accommodating and the kind the staff here were. They parked my huge van I was traveling in out front because it was too big for the garage, sent a guitar to my room to play while I was there, gave me a bike to ride around town (though you hardly needed it, the location was absolutely perfect for walking anywhere), shuttled me around to an appointment I had in town, and the list goes on. All of this out of ther kindness and hospitality, no charge. I am particularly grateful to the valets, who were so nice and couldn't have been more helpful in showing me around, and checking up on my stay all weekend. And Brian the concierge, from Austin, was super helpful also.

I will absolutely stay here again, and Bend will always mean that much more to me because of the Oxford, the happiest place I've stumbled on so far on this journey across the country.

• Stayed August 2013
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

This is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. The staff's philosophy is simple, to do whatever it takes to make sure you have the best experience ever. From James, who took care of our travel needs, to Louisa who set up appointments for us, the staff were excellent.

There is a shuttle that drives you out and picks you up, which meant that I could go trail horse riding while my husband went mountain biking, and we knew we could just call the hotel and they would come pick us up.

The rooms are beautifully styled and the hotel just beautifully modern and stylish. I will be back.

Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

What a remarkable hotel! The staff simply could not be more sincerely friendly, accommodating, and helpful. The hotel itself is very comfortable, clean, modern, but cozy. We had a great suite on the 5th floor overlooking the street. Very quiet, slept great. The hotel is perfectly located downtown, very easy walking distance to the river, restaurants, bars, etc. This ranks with the very best hotels I've EVER stayed in. I don't just want to stay here again, I want to live here. Don't miss it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Oxford Hotel? Share your experiences!