“Really Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 43 Hotels in Bend
San Francisco, California
“Really Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed two nights at the Oxford Hotel in Bend, Oregon during our road trip to Canada.

Location, Location, Location!
The Oxford's location is perfect. We got checked in, car valet'ed and immediately went out to explore downtown, making our way to Drake Park where our dog helped us meet a local woman who suggested a walking tour around Mirror Pond which included a stop at Bend Brewing Company, and continuing on over the bridge into a lovely neighborhood, and return over a foot bridge across the Deschutes River back to downtown area.

The Hotel and Room
We had a second floor corner room with a balcony over-looking the main street . The room was really beautiful with surprising quality features like solid paneled wood sliding bathroom door, a thick glass bathroom vanity, and the most comfy bed of our entire trip. Too many gorgeous details to mention here, but everything was super clean and good quality. The hallway walls looked like they were covered in leather, but was probably wallpaper. The lobby is lovely, the check-in is a beautiful desk that you sit in front of, instead of standing at a counter.

Dog Friendly!
We only travel with our dogs and the Oxford was truly dog friendly. They had put a beautiful little decor-matching dog bed and dog goodies in the room for us.

The Employees
The Staff was genuinely friendly, and so professional, and all were friendly to our dog. When the Valet attendant brought our car around, I saw him washing our windshield just before we got there. We really appreciated this, and enjoyed talking with each of the staff who helped us.

Room Service
We ordered a breakfast which was delivered on the minute of 6:30 a.m. as requested. It was perfect and beautifully served.

This hotel is exceptional. It's combination of quality materials and service is deserving of your business.

Room Tip: I get the feeling you can't go wrong with any of their rooms, but I really liked our room with t...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Traveling with spouse and our dog and our Daughter and Grand daughter and their dog in another car. From the moment we pulled up to the hotel everything was positive. The valet was gracious, the concierge more that helpful. In our room were two beds for the dogs, along with water bowls and travel feeding bowls that were ours to keep. The decor of the room (one bedroom Terrace Suite) was tasteful and soothing. The Queen leather sofa was a comfortable bed for our Daughter and Grand daughter. The kitchenette was totally outfitted with plates, cooking utensils, etc. Bend is a very pet friendly town and there is a beautiful park downtown for walking the dogs. We had a great 2 night stay and wish it could have been longer. Give this hotel a try. You'll like it with or without a pet.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Albany, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

We had stayed at the Oxford Suites in Pendleton. Nice, but nothing like the Oxford Hotel in Bend. The hotel is right downtown, near lots of good restaurants, has every amenity available in the rooms (two flat screen TVs, a sitiing room, refrigerator, coffee machine with actual fresh-ground coffee, wonderful robes, etc.), etc. We were impressed that we got to sit down to check in, and the parking valet tipped us off to the fact that we could self-park in the city lot free between 3 PM and 11 AM. The decor was modern and different. The restaurant in the basement was just okay, but we got a 20 % off coupon and used it for breakfast. Altogether a good reason for driving over to Bend to see the lava beds and high desert museum, then staying overnight.

Room Tip: We like to stay as high up as possible for a view.
Redondo Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for two nights and had a fabulous experience. From the minute we drove up, we were treated exceptionally well! I can not say enough about the helpfulness of the staff. The location is perfect. The bed was super comfy and you can request specific pillows. Love the fact that they had french press coffee in the room. The bathroom was great, while being "green". We had breakfast downstairs and it was wonderful, especially the bacon! We have stayed at many hotels, and this one ranks as the best!! When in Bend, this hotel is a must!!!

Room Tip: Try to get a corner room with balcony
Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Very nice room. The bed was super-comfy with plenty of pillows and blankets...I didn't want to get up.

Tons of plugs for gadgets, USB hookups for the TV and since I was sharing the room with early-rising friends I appreciated the room divider so I could sleep when they woke. Weather forecast printouts, bikes to borrow, nice robes...

Lots of little details like a french press and (good) coffee made it even better.
My only critique would be that the precious look of the place (antlers, ceramic animal skull lamps, wood details) will be very dated looking in a year...actually it already is. I'm surprised they didn't put a bird on it. But it is very clean and well put together which is all I can ask.

What prompted me to write this review though: I forgot my jacket in the closet (damn doors) and the hotel sent it me with no fuss at all. VERY good customer service.
Thanks Alison!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Purley on Thames, Reading
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

The Oxford Hotel in Bend originates from the same stable as the Oxford Suites chain, but there any resemblance ceases. At the moment, it has received 140 ‘Excellents’, 15 ‘Very Goods’ and 1 ‘Average’ TripAdvisor ratings. The assessment is thus heavily skewed towards the top end of the scale and it is no exaggeration. We stayed there for one night in June whilst touring the US West Coast and our view was that it was worth coming to Bend just to stay at the Oxford Hotel. The rooms are not particularly cheap in absolute terms, but price is worth every penny. I have stayed in some very good hotels in the US, Europe and elsewhere, and the Oxford Hotel was one of the best (as I told the concierge). The room that we stayed in on the 7th floor (#702) was large (as was the bathroom) and the décor was innovative and interesting (as it is throughout the hotel). The restaurant was relatively inexpensive and the food was amongst the best we experienced in our two week trip. The staff were excellent. The exercise room, with windows looking over the town, was on the top floor of the hotel rather than being relegated to the more normal location of the basement. However, the restaurant and bar are located in the basement, but this is not in any way a criticism. I could continue at length, but it seems unnecessary to do so, given that this hotel has so many ‘Excellent’ ratings. If I am ever within 100 miles of Bend again, I will go there just for the pleasure of staying at the Oxford Hotel.

Room Tip: I can't speak for all of the rooms but #702 was very nice.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I loved staying at The Oxford Hotel. I was in room 315. It was a very nice suite and when we entered the room we were greeted by a crackling fire and a bubbling aquarium (all on the t.v.). The room had a nice kitchenette and the only "pillow menu" I have ever seen. The bathroom was spacious and the staff was very polite. I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed June 2012

Been to The Oxford Hotel? Share your experiences!