“Great experience, highly recommended.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 40 activities in Bend
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Award winning half-day adventures with naturalist guides since 1993! Offering daily Canoe, Kayak, Cave, Volcano, Snowshoe and GPS Eco-Challenge Tours. Evening Moonlight Canoe and Snowshoe tours and Bonfire Snowshoe trips on select dates. No experience necessary, family-friendly tours with transportation and all equipment provided. Discover What's Around This Bend!
Bend, Oregon
“Great experience, highly recommended.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

It was our first time snowshoeing and Joe, our guide, was helpful and thorough. An excellent experience that is highly recommended for visitors or those living in Central Oregon. We went into the wilderness of the Mt Bachelor area and that provided us a whole new perspective of the area. With snowshoes on, we could play in the snow like kids once again - stomping around in knee high snow, jumping off tiny hills, running down slopes. The best part is it was all safe and optional! Great for all ages. We will be coming back for more.

Sisters, OR
6 attraction reviews
“Great snowshoe adventure with Joe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2010

Joe did a great job of introducing our family to snow shoeing. He was a patient teacher, observant of the needs of the group and very knowledgeable about the natural surroundings. I loved learning about the different kinds of pine trees, lichens, and mosses in the Mt. Bachelor area. It was a fun way to kick off a family holiday visit.

San Diego, California
“Snowshoe hiking with Wanderlust is FANTASTIC!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

We hired Wanderlust to guide us on our first snowshoe hiking experience. Our guide (Jeff) was friendly, knowledgeable, and fun. The customer service experience was superior from my first contact via e. mail through the hike. I highly recommend Wanderlust for any tour they offer.

Salem, Oregon
“Bachelorette Canoe trip and hiking was a blast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

Mid October we gathered a group of 8 gals (6 from out of state) to do a pre-wedding canoe and hiking trip. We were picked up first thing in the morning by our eager and energetic guide, Jack. We drove over to Clear Lake for a 2+ hr canoe trip, had lunch and then went hiking nearby to see the river and waterfalls. Jack was EXCELLENT! He was extremely helpful and very knowledgeable of the entire area. Being a native Oregonian I learned so much new info on the trip; the history of the area, the trees, wildlife, etc. Jack thoroughly impressed the out of staters, not only with his Oregon facts but the way he enthusiastically and passionately described everything about our great state. I enjoyed the day so much that I can not wait to go back to these areas and share the experience with my family. If I'm in the Bend area again with a group I will definitely contact Wanderlust Tours and highly recommend them! They were above and beyond our expectations!

Portland, Oregon
“They cancelled on Friday afternoon for Sunday, Halloween”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2010

We were told they can't do trips with less than four people, and since no one else booked a trip this Sunday, they cancelled. Of course, we had already booked a hotel room, and now it's too late to cancel that. I guess we will be sitting in a hotel on Halloween or paying a cancellation fee to the hotel. Maybe they expected us to pay double. At almost $100 per hour, that is pretty unreasonable.

We struggled to get time off work.

Why did they need our credit card number to hold a reservation when they held out the right to cancel? That is unfair.

wanderlusttours, General Manager at Wanderlust Tours, responded to this review, November 4, 2010
Dear Ronna,
Your frustration is understandable. Wanderlust Tours never aspires to cancel a tour as, our passion is to vibrantly share the beauty of Central Oregon. Rarely do tours not meet the minimum requirement of four people total and in these unfortunate and uncommon instances we do our best to accommodate our guests in any way we can. I personally spoke with your spouse the moment it became apparent that the tour for which we had you signed up would not likely meet the minimum. I apologize that this was not within the time frame allowable for you to change your plans. At that time we offered several alternatives, and stayed in open contact leading up to the proposed tour.
I have left you a phone message and would enjoy discussing what Wanderlust Tours can do to make you a satisfied customer.
I can be reached at 541-389-8359.
Best Regards,