“This is the worst motel!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Rodeway Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn & Suites
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   904 SE Third St, Bend, OR 97702 (Formerly Westward Ho Motel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #37 of 41 hotels in Bend
“This is the worst motel!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

after driving 8hours I check into this motel and the room is filthy. The headboard falls off the wall almost hitting my son. I go to talk to desk clerk she is very rude and tefuses to help resolve situation!! I left with my kids tefusing to stay!! The pictutes on the site are deceiving and the location has a loud bar across the street!! Alot of locals living there and kids slidimg down stairs and running wild!! So glad I didn't stay!!

• Stayed June 2012

45 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Bend, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

I am frankly so infuriated that i am laughing. My sink in the bathroom drains into a bucket. I discoevered this when brushing my teeth and soapy water of an unknown age started to pool around my feet. Was unable to get a different room or hotel due to a busy weekend.

The reviews about the remodel simply refer to a new coat of paint. I will not be stayjng here again and recommend you pony up the extra 20-30 a night and stay somewhere better.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Post Falls, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

5/19/2012 Was Not impressed at all wish i would stayed some where else 1.) The first room we was in was dark had no window very poor light. Went to the front to change room which we did. Settled in and notice no phone in the room the front because they offered wi fi but we couldn't get it connected found out the room has no phone to offer in room, so had to call on our cell phone. well mean time connected thru nook. As we was putting things away we has notice that their was hole's in the wall paint was chipping off the walls and the trap for the pipe's was broken and off the wall. the electrical out let didn't have wall plate. Their was ants in the bathroom. and most motels /hotels have clock which this one didn't offer. The next day had went up to office asked for towels and the maid said the towels are in the drier and mind you it was 9 am waited till 10:15 went back up to office to see if i could get the towels and finely they maid had brought up towel which was wet. And you can see outside of the door when its closed. Also their was no smoke alarm. So over all i wouldn't suggest this to my worst enemy

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Franklin, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

the manager was a very nice young lady . the room was very clean and the house keeper was very nice to her name is nieves . and the manager name is lety. my name is jeff langley [--].

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Mazatlan, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

I have stayed at this motel a number of times over the past 5 years and, as is common with many older establishments, have seen it endure a slow degeneration in the quality of rooms and service etc. However, I was pleasantly surprised by my experience on my most recent pass through the area. The motel has new managment and they are friendly and eager to assist the traveler. They have undertaken an ambitious remodeling project and are in the process of revamping all the rooms. Completed rooms sport new carpet, linens, heating and AC units as well as flat screet television and internet access. Price for a single large bed was a very reasonable $38.50 including tax etc. I would recomend the establishment to those who are looking for a good price and a clean room. It is still an older motel but many of the issues that affect such units are being addressed by the current team. As long as the managment continues to demonstrate a willingness to make the Westward Ho a pleasant experience I will be happy to stay there again on my next pass through Bend.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the newly remodled rooms since not all rooms have been remodled yet
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

we were traveling back home from visiting family, it was getting late and the kids were tired, so we decided to find a motel to spend the night. we chose Westward ho motel because of the price(only $59.00) for a room with two queen beds, bunk beds, a little living area with a huge plasma t.v. kids loved it. The room was clean, and quiet, the pool was warm and clean the hut tub I enjoyed the most. VERY NICE! the next morning talk to the manager (very pleasant lady) she told me that the rooms were being renovating due to new ownership it looks like they are doing a good job. I highly recommend this motel, for us is going to be our mid-stop to rest and relax when traveling since we travel a lot to see family.

Room Tip: restaurants within walking distance
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011 via mobile

My brother, mom, and myself were just looking for a place that provided basic living conditions. It was late, we were tired, and we just wanted a cheap and clean place to sleep for a couple of hours during our long drive.

Needless to say, we stayed there
less than an hour. The heater plug wouldn't reach the outlet. A simple extension cord with an adapter would have done. It was absolutely freezing. It was so miserable that the hardest part of leaving was getting out of bed.

The room was dirty. The shower looked like it hadn't been finished. We kept hearing a train noise throughout our short stay. The insulation most be poor because the sound of someone turning a faucet on/off happened over a dozen times.

Then there is the kicker.... my mother woke up and complained of an itching sensation. I had similar itches but it was late and we had been doing a lot of traveling. While Bed Bugs can't be 100% confirmed, we left before we found out.

All we wanted was a decent place to stay. We are not picky people. I never take the time to write reviews. However, if this saves one person from having the same awful experience, I am happy to review this place.

• Stayed May 2011

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!