“Nice View of the River and fun for the dog.” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save 15% Now!
Ranked #20 of 42 Hotels in Bend
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Nice View of the River and fun for the dog.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2009

My husband and I took a weekend trip to Bend, OR on 11/14/09 with our dog. This a good time to go to Bend, OR since it's a slow time and the rates are cheaper. Ski season starts around Thanksgiving. The hotel is more like several lodges with a conferance and dining area. We had a king room on the ground floor with a view of the river from the back patio. Since it was a slow time, we didn't hear any noise next or above our room. The room needs updating (lots of brown) but the beds were comfortable and the room was clean. We had a good breakfast with more options than most hotels provide. Breakfast is included with the rate. The staff were very nice. If you can look past the old decore, this is a nice place to stay.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Oregon Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2009

The service was very good. Extra blankets, towels and the roll away bed were delivered promptly on request.
We were placed in a handicap room. The shower was hard for the taller members of my family to use
The room was clean and the beds very comfortable. Everything was in good working order.
The location was very pet friendly. The parking lot was not busy and there was plenty of marked places to walk our dog. Right out the back sliding door, which was a private area, was available for our dog.
The grounds were well kept and overall it was a quiet place to stay.
We really liked the breakfast buffet provided with the room.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
portland, or
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2009

I was travelling solo, but brought my dog along with me to make for an interesting trip. The hotel had a nice little area to take my dog and they had sufficient room space so we could both stretch out. The staff were very helpful and it was nice to have a warm cooked breakfast before heading out on the road again. Everything was great. I have stayed here once before and will definitely stay again. They even upgraded me to a better room since they had kitchenettes available.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Hillsboro OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

My husband at I went out to Bend for the weekend with friends.
We really enjoyed our stay - the room was cozy & well arranged with a small kitchen. The bed was comfortable.
Outside our sliding door, we saw only a pretty scene with trees and the river, so it felt really private. Also, the sound of the running water added to the feeling of being away from it all.
The food at the restaurant is excellent and the waitress & the bartender were
both very friendly.
All and all, we had a very enjoyable & relaxing time.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2009

Our stay at the Shilo Inn Suites Hotel in Bend, Oregon was delightful. The room was very spacious, modern and elegant. The fireplace added a nice cozy feeling. Our room was a river view that was a relaxing feeling. The hot breakfast buffet had something for everyone. I would highly recommmend this hotel

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2009

I guess I expected too much, based on the high praise on TripAdvisor. Our $130+ room was just adequate, and all furnishings were dated. Our "river view" was so obstructed by trees that we just were able to see a small patch of water from our second-story balcony. For that privilege, we had a hill to climb to get to breakfast. But the riverview rooms were right next to the pool, fitness center, and laundry. The fitness center is good for such a small property -- a small variety, but all in working order.
Service was mixed -- some folks just going through the motions, while others were very helpful. Breakfast included a good variety of hot and cold items, but the 'restaurant' has a deserted feel -- almost TOO spacious.
Based on the reviews here in TripAdvisor, I was hoping that this would be a high point of our Oregon trip, but it was not.
An aside: Go to the Pine Tavern restaurant in Bend! And get a seat out on the patio. Great food and a REAL river view!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Annapolis, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2009

We stayed in a mini-suite on the 2nd floor of the 900's building for 2 nights while vacationing in Bend. The room and the hotel did not live up to my expectations. We paid extra for a river-view room, and it was definitely not worth it! The building was about 20 feet from the river, and we could not see the river. Overgrown trees and bushes completely covered any view of the river from our room. I certainly would not recommend paying extra for this river-view. I thought that maybe the view was better from the other buildings, so my son and I walked up a few buildings until the mosquitoes attacked. The view hadn't gotten any better. We did not use our balcony at all because of the mosquitoes and the lack of a view.
The room was dated and dark. Several items in the room needed to be repaired: one of the locks to the balcony didn't work and the toilet rocked. The furnishings seemed dated and tired. I was expecting a much prettier, secluded setting for the hotel and a nicer room for the money. Next time, I would look for a hotel which was newer and was located in more of an out-of-town area.
On the positive side, breakfast was included and was very good with many choices: eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, cereal, yogurt, pastries, etc.
The desk was understaffed when I checked out. There was only one person behind the desk who spent several minutes trying to help a woman find a dog park on a map. Meanwhile, four people were waiting to check-out. She did not ask how my stay was.
While in Bend, we had dinner at two wonderful restaurants: the Pine Tavern and Ciao Mambo.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Bend? Share your experiences!