“Updates Needed, but Overall Very Good” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save 15% Now!
Ranked #21 of 43 Hotels in Bend
Klamath Falls, Oregon
“Updates Needed, but Overall Very Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

I stayed recently for one night with my kids and father. Rooms still use a key, which was pretty old school, but kind of cool. Loved the in-room fire place and size of the room. The pool area has two spas, a steam room, and a sauna, which I would highly recommend for families. Finally, the breakfast buffet was excellent--breakfast burritos, sausage, eggs, pancakes, fruit, etc.

Great value, don't let a little wear and tear scare you away.

Room Tip: Call Shilo directly for better rates than you can get online.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ken M
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Bend, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you for your nice comments about your stay with us. We do have variety of rooms. Some have been updated more recently than other. We make sure that all rooms are clean and comfortable and meet Shilo standards. I am happy that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet. We look forward to having you come and stay with us the next time you are in Bend.

Lake Tahoe (Nevada), Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Yes, some people write that the Shilo Inn is a little "tired" and you can find some worn spots if you look for them. But we got a large river front room, a fireplace, a jacuzzi, flat screen TV, fridge and microwave -- everything we needed for a relaxing couple of days in Bend. And it was dog-friendly so we could bring our little terrier. They also have a good fitness center, outdoor pool and a good free breakfast. For $109 a night!

I'm pretty picky and was more than satisfied.

Room Tip: We had 408. It was good.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank writebrain13
Thank you for staying at the Shilo Inn and taking the time to comment on your stay with us. It is great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our location on the Deschutes River means that 2/3 of our rooms have a river view. All of our river view rooms also have gas fireplaces. We hope to see you see you again at the Shilo Inn.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

The Shilo Suites has a very lovely setting, lots of trees and if you are lucky a view of the river that runs past it. The Continental breakfast has great variety, cereals, toast, yogurt, juices and even waffles, quite ample. The "buts" are the rooms are very dark, there were not enough lamps to read by. We were on the ground floor and even though there was a large window with sliding glass doors where you could sit out on a small patio, there was also a walking path for other guests to use so for the most part the curtains were kept closed. And although the beds were reasonably comfortable the pillows were the hardest I've ever slept on and I had to go out the next day to purchase a travel pillow so I could sleep. Fortunately I was traveling with a group and so we were not often in our room.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a river view but on the 2nd floor not the 1st floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. We do have a great location next to the Deschutes River. I will pass on your nice comment about the breakfast to our restaurant staff. I am sorry that you found the room dark and the pillows not to your liking. We do have a couple different brands of pillows. We could have brought you a few different ones to try. If there is ever anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable please contact the front desk.

Meridian, id
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

We were in town visiting family and chose to stay here. Overall a good stay.
Pro: pet friendly, clean rooms, drink and breakfast coupons, price per value, river is close, location.
Cons: dated room ( we were in a courtyard room)I.e. TV from 80s, mattress was not the most comfy

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Zoomel
Thank you for staying with us. I hope that you had a Merry Christmas. We have replaced the TVs in a little over half of our rooms. We have updated some of our rooms and we are working on getting the rest completed. If you have a request for a remodeled room or a room with a flat screen TV please give us a call and we will do our best to meet all of your requests.

Pasadena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Large suite type seating area, fireplace, game table, kitchen with bar and bar stools, bathroom/dressing area with two sinks and good counter space, comfortable bed, great shower, good water pressure, good coffee maker with excellent coffee and ample closet space. Great breakfast buffet with eggs, sausage, tortillas, fresh fruit, cold cereal, hot oatmeal, juice and excellent coffee. In our opinion it was an incredible value. Two minor drawbacks that were no problem for us: the indoor/outdoor carpet in the outside hallways was old and visibly stained and reaching the second floor required walking up the stairs. Other than these two items, everything else was well maintained and the rooms were immaculate. The staff was efficient and friendly. We would definitely stay here again because of the comfort and good value.

Room Tip: If walking up stairs is a problem, ask for a first floor room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. It is great to get your feedback about what you enjoyed and also in the areas that we can improve. We are working on having that outdoor carpeting replaced. Please come back and stay with us the next time you are in Bend.

Tacoma, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Spent four nights at the hotel along with 25 others in our group of photographers. It was clean and comfortable although a little dated. The room was quiet and the staff very professional. The $5 cheeseburgers in the bar were good. The second night I ate in the bar more of our group was also there and the one waiter had a hard time taking orders in a timely manner and some of the food was cold when it arrived. The breakfast buffet was adequate and had a variety of items to choice from. It didn't seem like the restaurant or bar had a lot of business, at least on the nights we were there. There are other restaurants within walking distance of the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Pam682
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Bend, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for staying with us. It was great to have your group staying here and using our meeting space. I am sorry that were some difficulties in the restaurant. We do have a new Restaurant Manager and Head cook in the restaurant. We look forward to you visiting us again and letting us know about the changes we have made.

Best regards,

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Sorry to hear that someone had a bad experience, but I will stand up for this hotel and say that I have stayed here many times in the past when in the area and I only had one bad experience. I brought it to the managers attention and he fixed everything and now I feel like he knows me and knows what kind of rooms I like. They work hard to fill all your expectations! I found out that they have so many room types that even I never knew. Just ask and they will help you out with whatever your looking for! Some rooms have fireplaces, which is what I love, some have Jacuzzi's which is what other look for and some are just I don't even know? just sounds like so many room types. The property is a bit older but the location is great and I think there keeping it up very well. Great location in the river and across from the mall an many resturants. I would suggest there lounge for good food and good drinks at a very reasonable price if your looking for something simple. (that's me) Pools are nice, one outdoors (seasonal) and one indoor. So if you have kids you may ask for a room close to it since it is in its own building. Not much of a walk from many of the buildings so don't worry. I want to thank the MGR again for everything and I will be back when in the area! Thanks

Room Tip: If you have a choice request river view, its really pretty
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Brent S
Hello,

Thank you for posting your comments. I really appreciate you taking the time to review your experience with the Shilo Inn in Bend. We are so gland you enjoyed your visit. We take pride in our cleanliness and friendliness, we are glad you noticed. If there is ever a problem with your stay I would like to deal with it, correct it and make your stay with us as enjoyable as possible. I look forward to see you on your next trip to Bend.

Best regards,