“Big Room, Big Value” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 42 hotels in Bend
Pasadena, California
“Big Room, Big Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Large suite type seating area, fireplace, game table, kitchen with bar and bar stools, bathroom/dressing area with two sinks and good counter space, comfortable bed, great shower, good water pressure, good coffee maker with excellent coffee and ample closet space. Great breakfast buffet with eggs, sausage, tortillas, fresh fruit, cold cereal, hot oatmeal, juice and excellent coffee. In our opinion it was an incredible value. Two minor drawbacks that were no problem for us: the indoor/outdoor carpet in the outside hallways was old and visibly stained and reaching the second floor required walking up the stairs. Other than these two items, everything else was well maintained and the rooms were immaculate. The staff was efficient and friendly. We would definitely stay here again because of the comfort and good value.

Room Tip: If walking up stairs is a problem, ask for a first floor room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn - Bend, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. It is great to get your feedback about what you enjoyed and also in the areas that we can improve. We are working on having that outdoor carpeting replaced. Please come back and stay with us the next time you are in Bend.

366 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Tacoma, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Spent four nights at the hotel along with 25 others in our group of photographers. It was clean and comfortable although a little dated. The room was quiet and the staff very professional. The $5 cheeseburgers in the bar were good. The second night I ate in the bar more of our group was also there and the one waiter had a hard time taking orders in a timely manner and some of the food was cold when it arrived. The breakfast buffet was adequate and had a variety of items to choice from. It didn't seem like the restaurant or bar had a lot of business, at least on the nights we were there. There are other restaurants within walking distance of the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn - Bend, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for staying with us. It was great to have your group staying here and using our meeting space. I am sorry that were some difficulties in the restaurant. We do have a new Restaurant Manager and Head cook in the restaurant. We look forward to you visiting us again and letting us know about the changes we have made.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Sorry to hear that someone had a bad experience, but I will stand up for this hotel and say that I have stayed here many times in the past when in the area and I only had one bad experience. I brought it to the managers attention and he fixed everything and now I feel like he knows me and knows what kind of rooms I like. They work hard to fill all your expectations! I found out that they have so many room types that even I never knew. Just ask and they will help you out with whatever your looking for! Some rooms have fireplaces, which is what I love, some have Jacuzzi's which is what other look for and some are just I don't even know? just sounds like so many room types. The property is a bit older but the location is great and I think there keeping it up very well. Great location in the river and across from the mall an many resturants. I would suggest there lounge for good food and good drinks at a very reasonable price if your looking for something simple. (that's me) Pools are nice, one outdoors (seasonal) and one indoor. So if you have kids you may ask for a room close to it since it is in its own building. Not much of a walk from many of the buildings so don't worry. I want to thank the MGR again for everything and I will be back when in the area! Thanks

Room Tip: If you have a choice request river view, its really pretty
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hello,

Thank you for posting your comments. I really appreciate you taking the time to review your experience with the Shilo Inn in Bend. We are so gland you enjoyed your visit. We take pride in our cleanliness and friendliness, we are glad you noticed. If there is ever a problem with your stay I would like to deal with it, correct it and make your stay with us as enjoyable as possible. I look forward to see you on your next trip to Bend.

Jasper, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

The outside of this inn looks much better than any part of the inside. The furnishings in our room were worn and dated; the lobby and restaurant weren't much more appealing. We had booked a river-view room, but you couldn't see the river from our patio. You needed to walk about 20 feet to see the river, which is okay unless you are paying extra for the view, which we were. In addition, the mosquitos outside we're annoying and plentiful. Finally, the scenic areas Oregon is known for are not close by, as our trusty road atlas led us to believe. We left early the next morning after staying only one night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hello,

I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We do have some rooms that are closer to the river than others and we hope that if you visit us again, we will have a room closer to the river for you. We are centrally located and less than 30 minutes away from the attraction that central Oregon is known for. We would love to see you again and would be happy to point out some of our lovely area attractions for you to visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed at Shilo Inn Bend 10 Oct to 13 Oct. Was the best accommodation out of 4 hotels we stayed at during our visit to USA. Room was nice, extremely comfortable, room service was excellent and most of all beverages were available. Staff was friendly and courteous at all times. Well done to the manager and his staff. Thank you. Sonnette & Jeantel Stander South Africa

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sonnette,

I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for staying with us and I hope you had a great trip. We sure hope that if your travels bring you to Central Oregon, you will stop and see us again!

Eugene, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I just read the negative reviews and would like to defend this place to some degree. We felt it was a decent place, with a good breakfast, for the price we paid. First of all, this was probably a very nice resort at one time, but was eventually purchased by the Shilo Inn people. Just a guess. As such, it's not your typical hotel, and yes, it does need updating. There are a number of separate buildings and all of the stair cases are in open air. No elevators. Having said that, we came into Bend late at night and asked for a nice room. The receptionist recommended a room on the third floor. By the way, she was nice. I agreed and maybe that's why we felt the room was good. We did have to lug our luggage up the stairs to the third floor, but the room was nice, clean and comfortable - even the bed. The third floor rooms have the tall, cathedral-style ceilings. We could open the sliding glass door looking out to a fairly unusable balcony for fresh air. I noticed that some of the inner, third floor rooms facing the courtyard did have usable balconies, but they probably cost more. The wi-fi worked great. It was a dark and rainy night and we slept well. The room was spacious and the bathroom was clean, but really needed updating. The tissue paper dispenser was out. In the morning, we woke up to sunshine and were able to see the beautiful grounds that this hotel (or resort) was built on. Very nice. The breakfast was in what was once the resort's restaurant. Who knows, maybe it's still a restaurant, but everyone who walked in just seated themselves and had at the free breakfast. The food was decent. The eggs were real. You could tell. So were the pancakes - real, not frozen. Overall, we had a pleasant stay at at good value. I would stay here again if all of the rooms were as nice as the room we had on the third floor. Yes, this place needs updating - desperately, but I wasn't expecting the Hilton or the price that comes with a fancier hotel. Did I say the grounds were beautiful? This must have been a nice resort many, many years ago. By the way, there is an outdoor pool and there may even be an indoor pool.

Room Tip: It's a bit of a climb, but the third floor rooms may be the nicest rooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello,

Thank you for staying with us and telling us about your stay. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and your room. We do have a variety of rooms on the property and have done some updating. Please stop in and see us again if you are in our area!

los angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Terrible room, not very clean and in desperate need of an update. The bed is lumpy - mattress should have been replaced about a decade ago.

Went to the front desk to ask for a different room (the internet doesn't work either) and was given attitude by the girl at the front desk. If there isn't another room available, then that's fine, but please, there's no need to have such a poor attitude!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn - Bend, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear LeRoy P,

I am so disappointed to find out that you were unhappy with your room. I am sorry we were not able to move you to a room that would have been more to your liking.

I will speak to the front desk agents about your experience. That is not living up to Shilo standards and will be addressed.

Kevin Coelsch

Been to Shilo Inn - Bend? Share your experiences!