“Clean room, comfy beds, and quiet. Front desk staff could be friendlier.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Bend

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #13 of 43 Hotels in Bend
The Dalles, Oregon
“Clean room, comfy beds, and quiet. Front desk staff could be friendlier.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

This is a nice and affordable option if you don't have to be right in the middle of the action. Only 4 or 5 miles from downtown. The room was clean and quiet. Breakfast was quite the spread. Our paper somehow went missing in action....not sure what happened there. Overall, I would recommend this for the thrifty traveler.

Room Tip: I can't speak for other travelers, but room 127 was quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Pacific NW
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The hotel is a good choice for the price when staying in Bend. Agree with another reviewer that the king size bed and pillows were very comfortable. Room was clean, but there was some obvious wear and age showing on the doors, and it was funny to still see a room with the connecting door for an adjoining room. The small pool and hot tub were nice and I didn't have to share them during my mid-week stay. Hot breakfast was great and had many options. I would point out that the room did not have any fan in the bathroom and as someone who likes a little white noise to sleep to, it made it hard to sleep. The staff were attentive and very friendly staff. This is a good reliable choice anytime you're in Bend on business or pleasure.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Creswell, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Located at North end of Bend, HEI has easy access to both Bend and Redmond. It's a basic, competent chain hotel and made a fine base camp for our high desert activities. Our room had a nice view of the mountains on the quiet side of the building and was very comfortable and clean. The hot breakfast was substantial, if bland, and all the common areas clean and attractive.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side have mountain views and are very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Bangkok
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

service was very nice, i got at very late night hours without booking
nothing bad about the room and price was 150$ which is not that bad value
location is about 5 minutes drive from bend city
overall not that bad

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

Most comfortable bed ever in motel! We had a king on the 3rd floor and the bed and pillows were so comfortable I slept like I was home! Then I forgot my iPad in the room and when I called they quickly recovered it from the room, put it I'm the safe for me until I could return a couple days later. I was very greatful!

• Stayed April 2014
Medford, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Have stayed here a few times and the overall accommodations have been adequate. However on one trip many months ago I noticed that the outside entrances to the parking lot were never locked. When I inquired about this at the front desk the next morning I was told that the card reader was broken and new parts were on order. The management felt that leaving the doors unlocked was more convenient for guests as opposed to having a secured hotel. This did not make me feel very safe staying at this location since anybody has access to the building without having to use the lobby entrance.
Returned for another stay, booked using my points and was very pleased that I was upgraded to a better room based on my membership status. Well, when I was using the parking lot entrance late in the night I noticed that the card reader was still broken and the doors are still unlocked at all times. This I find to be a problem, I choose to stay at hotels that do not have open access due to obvious safety concerns. I reported this problem to the Holiday Inn Website and was informed that my concerns were forwarded to the hotel management. I have never received any response. I will be utilizing other hotels in the area from now on.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bend, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear TRC70,

Thank you for taking the time out our your busy day to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced and we regret the issues you had surrounding the condition of the parking lot. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer to our guests.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Providence, UT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

One of the better HIE rooms I have ever had. We had a jacuzzi king suite and it was wonderful. The staff was very cordial, the room was clean and very comfortable. Excellent bed. I would certainly stay here again if I am ever in Bend.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Bend? Share your experiences!