“Solid Middle of the Road Contender” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #28 of 41 hotels in Bend
Los Angeles, California
“Solid Middle of the Road Contender”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

there isn't a sign near the main road to find this motel, and the lady we called for directions barely spoke English, so use your GPS or you will get lost! Our room ($80++) with two queen beds (firm) was roomy, clean and comfortable but no extra amenities. The sink was in the main room outside the toilet and shower-motel 6 style-so its very basic. Good view of Mt. Bachelor. The pool is the size of a postage stamp. Do not bother with breakfast if you are used to city standards (low grade quality-but what should one expect for "free? Eat an Mc Kay's or Jackson's and treat yourself to excellent food). Overall we stayed 2 nights and in summary i'd say its top of the line budget type motel. For the money-reward ratio, its not a bad deal, and you wont feel ripped off, but next time I'd probably try another place.(Note: the manager says he has wriiten out the directions to the motel so hopefully they can guide you if you need it.)

Room Tip: Pay few few bucks more for the larger queen-its likely worth it.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

78 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

If there wasn't a billboard for the next-door Holiday Inn, we would never have stumbled onto this Quality Inn. Great view of Mt. Bachelor when the clouds lifted. It was clean and comfortable. There's only one PC in the lobby, but it was available each time I wanted to use it. Didn't bother with breakfast--found a great breakfast in Redmond just up the road.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Wenatchee, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stayed here twice a couple of years ago, enjoyed it and returned last week on our way back from California. Again the stay was good and the price reasonable ($82 with tax, senior rate).

The breakfast area is not large, but the variety of food was reasonable and they serve until 9:30. So many places we've stayed serve until 9. We normally are in no hurry and like to sleep awhile and definitely appreciate the extra time.

As was the case two years ago, and as several others have mentioned, the internet connection is excellent. Got on immediately and never got disconnected. Not the case at all in several other motels we've stayed in.

The room was clean and bed comfortable. The lighting above the sink in the bathroom was great (in many motels it is not). There was limited counter space in the bathroom. Not a biggy, but we appreciate being able to put out our bathroom items in the bathroom instead the dresser, top of the microwave, etc.

Would, and probably will, stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Nieuwegein, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We read the critics about this hotel but we think this Quality Inn has a good price/quality ratio.
We had a comfortable and clean room, with a reasonable breakfast in the morning.
Fo one night stay we can advise this hotel very well

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
spruce grove
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

On a 10 day motorcycle trip through Oregon and Washington states and Canada, this hotel rated the bottom of our list.
The room itself was very small and cramped compared to other establishments. The bathroom floor was dirty and the tub surround had a grey film on it and looked like it had't been cleaned properly in weeks! Lamp shades in the room both had stains on them. Carpet in the room did not feel clean and we avoided walking on it with bare feet.
I had to use the ironing board...cover was stained and filthy. Iron holder had a large accumulation of dust and grime.
Wifi connection was fine but the TV reception was poor.
Complimentary breakfast was good....The best part of the whole stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Scotts Valley
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

My room was clean and comfortable, The check in process was simple and the staff courteous and professional. The pool area was inviting. The breakfast was OK, better than most but not up to La Quinta standards. It's located on US #97 a couple miles north of Bend on the way to Redmond. It's easy to get to, but not much within walking distance.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Richmond, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

I stayed at this hotel three weeks ago. The hotel was average, although certain things seem a bit ran down, like carpets and the inside of the room.

After I left, I realize I had left a package in my room. I had a couple of pairs of expensive shoes inside a bag. I had left them in the closet area. When i realized I didn't have them I called them right away. I spoke to the lady at the front desk, pretty sure same one who was there when I checked out (I believe it is just her and another gentleman running this hotel).

I told her it was my mistake for leaving the items, but I was sure hoping there were still there. She seemed sort of "bothered" by my request to follow up and asked me to call "the other hotels where I stayed". I said to her, no other hotels, I am sure they were left in the closet of my room at the Quality Inn!

Insistently I asked for her to look or ask the cleaning staff. She said she would call me later, which she never did. I called again to follow up and got same attitude until she basically said, "well, I talk to everyone and your stuff is not here, I insist you check in other hotels".

Basically I learned that "finders keepers at the Quality Inn" or what??? is there any mercy for items left behind accidentally?

Worst than losing the items is how they made me feel and how they simply seemed extremely bothered to deal with the issue.

I sure hope I can get an answer from chamber of commerce in bend. Establishments like this, really need to change procedures and attitude as well.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!