“difficult to find” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 41 hotels in Bend
Saint Louis, Missouri
“difficult to find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

If there wasn't a billboard for the next-door Holiday Inn, we would never have stumbled onto this Quality Inn. Great view of Mt. Bachelor when the clouds lifted. It was clean and comfortable. There's only one PC in the lobby, but it was available each time I wanted to use it. Didn't bother with breakfast--found a great breakfast in Redmond just up the road.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

75 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Wenatchee, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stayed here twice a couple of years ago, enjoyed it and returned last week on our way back from California. Again the stay was good and the price reasonable ($82 with tax, senior rate).

The breakfast area is not large, but the variety of food was reasonable and they serve until 9:30. So many places we've stayed serve until 9. We normally are in no hurry and like to sleep awhile and definitely appreciate the extra time.

As was the case two years ago, and as several others have mentioned, the internet connection is excellent. Got on immediately and never got disconnected. Not the case at all in several other motels we've stayed in.

The room was clean and bed comfortable. The lighting above the sink in the bathroom was great (in many motels it is not). There was limited counter space in the bathroom. Not a biggy, but we appreciate being able to put out our bathroom items in the bathroom instead the dresser, top of the microwave, etc.

Would, and probably will, stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Nieuwegein, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We read the critics about this hotel but we think this Quality Inn has a good price/quality ratio.
We had a comfortable and clean room, with a reasonable breakfast in the morning.
Fo one night stay we can advise this hotel very well

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
spruce grove
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

On a 10 day motorcycle trip through Oregon and Washington states and Canada, this hotel rated the bottom of our list.
The room itself was very small and cramped compared to other establishments. The bathroom floor was dirty and the tub surround had a grey film on it and looked like it had't been cleaned properly in weeks! Lamp shades in the room both had stains on them. Carpet in the room did not feel clean and we avoided walking on it with bare feet.
I had to use the ironing board...cover was stained and filthy. Iron holder had a large accumulation of dust and grime.
Wifi connection was fine but the TV reception was poor.
Complimentary breakfast was good....The best part of the whole stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Scotts Valley
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

My room was clean and comfortable, The check in process was simple and the staff courteous and professional. The pool area was inviting. The breakfast was OK, better than most but not up to La Quinta standards. It's located on US #97 a couple miles north of Bend on the way to Redmond. It's easy to get to, but not much within walking distance.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Richmond, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

I stayed at this hotel three weeks ago. The hotel was average, although certain things seem a bit ran down, like carpets and the inside of the room.

After I left, I realize I had left a package in my room. I had a couple of pairs of expensive shoes inside a bag. I had left them in the closet area. When i realized I didn't have them I called them right away. I spoke to the lady at the front desk, pretty sure same one who was there when I checked out (I believe it is just her and another gentleman running this hotel).

I told her it was my mistake for leaving the items, but I was sure hoping there were still there. She seemed sort of "bothered" by my request to follow up and asked me to call "the other hotels where I stayed". I said to her, no other hotels, I am sure they were left in the closet of my room at the Quality Inn!

Insistently I asked for her to look or ask the cleaning staff. She said she would call me later, which she never did. I called again to follow up and got same attitude until she basically said, "well, I talk to everyone and your stuff is not here, I insist you check in other hotels".

Basically I learned that "finders keepers at the Quality Inn" or what??? is there any mercy for items left behind accidentally?

Worst than losing the items is how they made me feel and how they simply seemed extremely bothered to deal with the issue.

I sure hope I can get an answer from chamber of commerce in bend. Establishments like this, really need to change procedures and attitude as well.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed here for the weekend. It was booked by our Junior Olympics team - which means the main concern was to keep the cost low. We got a group rate and it was $20-$40 cheaper than lesser nice hotels in the area. I was worried about the quality of this hotel.
Booking - originally, they gave me a higher rate, and when I called back, they changed it with no problems and sent me a confirmation email. We were also arriving late, and needed a rollaway. No problem. Judith, the front desk agent, even called me to ask me if we'd be OK on the 2nd floor (no elevator) and that the rollaway would be waiting in our room!
Parking - When we arrived, the parking was ample and easily accessible to the hotel entrance. Check in - There was only 1 front desk agent on duty, and she seemed to be doing many duties like pool attendent/customer service/maid service. But she was very friendly and it took no more than 10 minutes. Same with check out. No bill problems.
Room - It was clean! It's tight, but it was clean and the bed had down comforters. It was almost comparable to the plushiness you find in Marriotts. The a/c is old school, so expect the loud hum, but it worked perfectly and kept our room cool while it was blazing hot outside. We had 5 people in the room, but it was OK because we were just there to sleep. The maid service was great. Super clean and tidy when we returned after a long hot day at the track.
Bath: Again, tight, but clean.
Pool: It's small. But my kids are small, and there is a hot tub. They also provide pool towels!
Complimentary Breakfast: I always expect nothing for free, so maybe my standards are lower. Breakfast was served until 9:30. We went down at 8:30 and it was pretty much wiped out. However, we're not picky, so we made our own waffles, toast, had some juice and milk, and we were good. If you want a hearty breakfast, there's an IHOP down the road.
I would definitely stay here again. It's close to the mall/restaurants, about a mile down. It was conveniently located. I don't know if I'd go to Bend again, but if required, would save money and stay here!
FYI: This is a pet friendly hotel. So if you have an aversion to pets, this isn't the place for you.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!