“Dissapointed” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 43 Hotels in Bend
Richmond, Canada
“Dissapointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

I stayed at this hotel three weeks ago. The hotel was average, although certain things seem a bit ran down, like carpets and the inside of the room.

After I left, I realize I had left a package in my room. I had a couple of pairs of expensive shoes inside a bag. I had left them in the closet area. When i realized I didn't have them I called them right away. I spoke to the lady at the front desk, pretty sure same one who was there when I checked out (I believe it is just her and another gentleman running this hotel).

I told her it was my mistake for leaving the items, but I was sure hoping there were still there. She seemed sort of "bothered" by my request to follow up and asked me to call "the other hotels where I stayed". I said to her, no other hotels, I am sure they were left in the closet of my room at the Quality Inn!

Insistently I asked for her to look or ask the cleaning staff. She said she would call me later, which she never did. I called again to follow up and got same attitude until she basically said, "well, I talk to everyone and your stuff is not here, I insist you check in other hotels".

Basically I learned that "finders keepers at the Quality Inn" or what??? is there any mercy for items left behind accidentally?

Worst than losing the items is how they made me feel and how they simply seemed extremely bothered to deal with the issue.

I sure hope I can get an answer from chamber of commerce in bend. Establishments like this, really need to change procedures and attitude as well.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed here for the weekend. It was booked by our Junior Olympics team - which means the main concern was to keep the cost low. We got a group rate and it was $20-$40 cheaper than lesser nice hotels in the area. I was worried about the quality of this hotel.
Booking - originally, they gave me a higher rate, and when I called back, they changed it with no problems and sent me a confirmation email. We were also arriving late, and needed a rollaway. No problem. Judith, the front desk agent, even called me to ask me if we'd be OK on the 2nd floor (no elevator) and that the rollaway would be waiting in our room!
Parking - When we arrived, the parking was ample and easily accessible to the hotel entrance. Check in - There was only 1 front desk agent on duty, and she seemed to be doing many duties like pool attendent/customer service/maid service. But she was very friendly and it took no more than 10 minutes. Same with check out. No bill problems.
Room - It was clean! It's tight, but it was clean and the bed had down comforters. It was almost comparable to the plushiness you find in Marriotts. The a/c is old school, so expect the loud hum, but it worked perfectly and kept our room cool while it was blazing hot outside. We had 5 people in the room, but it was OK because we were just there to sleep. The maid service was great. Super clean and tidy when we returned after a long hot day at the track.
Bath: Again, tight, but clean.
Pool: It's small. But my kids are small, and there is a hot tub. They also provide pool towels!
Complimentary Breakfast: I always expect nothing for free, so maybe my standards are lower. Breakfast was served until 9:30. We went down at 8:30 and it was pretty much wiped out. However, we're not picky, so we made our own waffles, toast, had some juice and milk, and we were good. If you want a hearty breakfast, there's an IHOP down the road.
I would definitely stay here again. It's close to the mall/restaurants, about a mile down. It was conveniently located. I don't know if I'd go to Bend again, but if required, would save money and stay here!
FYI: This is a pet friendly hotel. So if you have an aversion to pets, this isn't the place for you.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Topeka, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

This is a clean and comfortable place to stay. Nothing fancy, but I would stay there again. The breakfast in the morning was better than average with biscuits, gravy and sausage. The staff was some of the most helpful of the hotels that we stayed at on our trip.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Lakewood, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

We stayed here for 9 days and the service was excellent. I had surgery and all accomadations were met.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel numerous times over the past three years and have found the staff friendly and helpful. The rooms are always clean and breakfast is good and hot. Easy access to Hwy. 97.

Room Tip: Ask for a 2nd floor room with a view of the mountains.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Wenatchee, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

Nice quiet location, easy access. I stay here quite often on business trips. The owners are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are always clean and the complimentary breakfast has a great assortment of food. Rooms on the west side of the motel have a beautiful view of the Cascade Mountains, especially on the upper floor.

Room Tip: Top floor, west side.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012 via mobile

All the rooms say no smoking but hallway smells of cigarettes! Room window unlocked when we got there. And screen broke so anyone can come in. Front desk guy was rude. Hot tub looked dingy, not clean. Stayed the night. Not sound proofed good at all or the couple next door were extremely loud. Went out for a few hour made sure window was locked and when we returned it was unlocked again. I think some sort of scam is going on. People could enter our room from out side and steal what they want and no one would know. Told the guy again at the front desk still rude if not ruder then last time. Definitely won't be back. This is our third year here and our last at this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!