“Hands down, The worst ever.” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #198 of 346 Restaurants in Beaverton
Cuisines: Chinese
Hillsboro, Oregon
“Hands down, The worst ever.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

The only nice thing is I have to say: The owner and workers seem nice, even though they didn't interact much. The food is terrible, its Luke warm and everything is covered in a sauce. No ambiance exist. The floor is greasy and slippery. It seems like they are barely surviving and my opinion is they should just close the doors.

• Visited January 2012

Portland, Oregon
“Where's the health inspector when you need one???”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

My son and his wife came over to my house and wanted to go for dinner. They were really wanting a buffet-style restaurant so I suggested we try Treasure Island. I had never been there before so they agreed to give it a try as well. First impressions were not good. As soon as you walk in you see video poker in the little lobby. That and the food on the floor and the unusually unpleasant odor in the restaurant should have been a clue. While the waitress was very nice and sat us at a booth, the ambiance was not so nice. She told us to go help ourselves to the buffet and as soon as we got to the area where the food bar was located, I noticed that none of the food that should have been setting in hot water to keep warm was in any water at all....so all the food was cold....and I mean cold! I put my plate down and told my son and daughter-in-law I wasn't going to eat. They continued to look around and put a few things on their plates as I went back to the table. When they came to the table and sat down and started to eat I could tell by the look on their faces that something wasn't right. My intuition NOT to eat the food was right. They both said that everything they tried was cold and it tasted funny....especially the chicken and the oyster wontons. They decided not to eat anything else and went to tell our waitress we were going to go as the food was so bad. She was apologetic and said should we tell the kitchen staff about the problem with everything being so cold. It looked like they had left the food from the lunch buffet and didn't bother to heat or cook fresh food until the leftovers were all gone. We were there at 5:00 p.m. and would have expected (no matter what time of day it was) to have fresh, hot food that didn't taste old and rancid. As we were leaving the man at the cash register wanted us to pay for the buffet but we refused stating that it was so bad we couldn't eat it. The waitress told him that she had said we wouldn't be charged so we left and went across the street to the Thai Orchid and had a great dinner! And their food WAS hot and fresh! Waiting for dinner at the Thai Orchid my son told me he had a funny taste in his mouth and his stomach was not feeling right. My daughter-in-law said that since she only had 3 or 4 bites of food that she hoped she would be ok. But, no such luck. They called me the following morning and BOTH of them had been up since 2:00 a.m. sick to their stomaches and not able to leave the bathroom! They both had to take the day off from work because they were so sick! Under NO circumstances should anyone go there! I feel sorry for the family that was eating when we were there...I really hope they're ok as my family certainly suffered the consequences! Where's the health inspector when you need one??? Go inspect this place!!

• Visited November 2011
Beaverton, Oregon
“If you value you health, do not come here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

Treasure Island Chinese Buffet was featured on Dirty Dining on all the local stations in Portland and received a failing 59/100 score from the health inspector. There were dead and living flies everywhere, cockroaches, sugar and flour bags were left open (we all know what that causes). Not to mention the food is below decent and flavorless. The health inspector went back to recheck their progress, and they passed them with a 75/100 because they fixed a couple things but they still had a huge fly issue. In my opinion, they are still a failure.

• Visited June 2011
Portland, OR
“Very Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

My family and I went to Treasure Island tonight because I wanted Chinese food, and we thought they might have something out of all the dishes that our 5 yr old would eat...she's not a Chinese food fan.

We haven't been there in quite some time, in fact I think they were Treasure Island, then changed their name to something else for awhile, and now they're back to the original name. But it's definitely not what it used to be. Most of the dishes were bland, and/or lacked any real flavor. Also they seemed to have gotten rid of the "Chang's" like on-demand stir fry. And finally they put up this 8 ft high wooden partition between the dining room and the front door area, which has a single door in it, which they leave closed...it looks really, really tacky and made us wonder if maybe they've had too many dine & dashes??? Anyway, we won't be back any time soon.

• Visited February 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Oregon
“Something changed - not an improvement”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

This used to be one of our favorite places. We were going there several times a month. Then they changed owners or management and things went downhill quickly. The quality of ingredients and the flavors are both adversely affected. Some of the new dishes we don't care for...that may just be that dish. But the flavors of old dishes also changed. The staff is as helpful as always, so that is one good thing.

Note: On the company's website testimonials stop at 2009 - some might say that is just when they quit posting them. I think it is also when the food went downhill.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere