“Would return for the food, but not the service!” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 311 Restaurants in Beaverton
Cuisines: Thai
Beaverton, Oregon
“Would return for the food, but not the service!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

I hope this was an off night, or perhaps there were problems with understaffing or poor English, as the service was so poor I could not believe it. There were only a few people in the restaurant at 7:30 pm on a Sunday. I was promptly seated, but then it took about 10 minutes for someone to get my order. I ordered the skewered beef and requested brown rice. The food arrived quickly was was attractively plated. But the server simply placed it across the table from me without making eye contact at all. I opened the rice container and found white rice, no brown. Halfway through the meal the waitress appeared, concerned that I had asked for brown rice and did not get it - it must have been sitting in the kitchen. I had planned to order one of the desserts, but the check was brought to my table, again without eye contact. When one of the servers came to take my plate, I requested dessert, but she had difficulty speaking. I ordered the cheesecake egg roll - it was worth asking for. It comes with coconut ice cream and a drizzle of chocolate sauce. It is like fried cheesecake, but rolled up and sliced in half on the bias like an egg roll and rolled in cinnamon sugar.

Visited June 2014

Hillsboro, Oregon
“Excellent food, so good that we ate a second time 2 days after our first visit.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

My husband and I love Thai food and always try new places in search of the best. Currently living in central Washington there is few to none for selection. We often visit Seattle and have found favorites but upon a recent job relocation we happened upon Zab Thai. I can not tell you the excitement we feel of moving a few miles within this restaurant. Even my 9 and 10 year old boys are excited to have this as a close option to their new home. The thai pumpkin curry is 5 star but pretty much everything we tried was delicious.

Columbia, Md
“Hit and miss”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We wanted to start with wine but were disappointed to find that the only wines by the glass were of very poor quality. They had nicer wines by the bottle, but the two house glasses we were served were not good. We ordered the crispy basil chicken based on the positive recommendations. The chicken was over-fried and the fried basil leaves strangely didn't taste much like basil. The sauce was tasty, however. The other dish we tried was the pumpkin and salmon curry, which was very good. The meals were very affordable. Overall, a bit disappointed but would return for the curry.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Oregon, United States
“always on point with the quality and service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I like the staff, they are always there for your every need. I always get the fried rice and the appetizer plate.

Visited July 2012
Beaverton, Oregon
“nice place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

This restaurant is very nice. The decor is beautiful, the food is awesome, and the service is fast

Visited August 2011