“First time here ” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Monteaux's Public House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 326 restaurants in Beaverton
Cuisines: American, South American, Californian, Pacific Rim
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Walker Road & Schendel
“First time here ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

We tried this place because of the reviews and it was close to our hotel. Great location and food was good too. Great service from our waitress as well.

83% Recommend
Beaverton, Oregon
“Burgers used to be better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Monteaux's has great sandwiches and fries, and their halibut fish and chips is good. They have good beer on rotating taps, and I like the desserts I've tried there, too. However, I used to go to there for the burgers.

If not for changes to their burger patties sometime in the past year, I'd give them a rating of "Excellent." Monteaux's used to have the "Best Burgers in the Burbs" (as their menu says), but no longer. While the beef is still from the same farm, Monteaux's recently changed from 1/2 lb to 1/3 lb patties. The patties used to look hand-formed and were perfectly seasoned; now they looked machine-pressed and aren't nearly as tasty. Since I eat burgers without any rabbit food and I get those with only a few toppings, if the beef isn't prepared rare or medium rare the way I ordered it, it's easy to notice.

The cooks are having difficulty cooking them to any degree less than well done due to the smaller mass and thinner patties. I almost sent back a burger a couple of months ago since it was cooked well done and I had ordered it medium rare, but I was so hungry I ate it anyway. While eating, I pointed it out to our server, she took it off my bill, and the owner came over to apologize (excellent service, as usual). He promised it wouldn't happen again, and I agreed to give the burgers another chance. A few days ago I went back again for the first time since, but again the burger came out well done.

In short, I like the other food and will return to explore other things on their menu, but I won't be ordering a burger there again. If you like your burgers well done, I encourage you to order one the next time you're in Monteaux's. I'm sure it will be cooked the way you like it.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Washington
“Great Service - Creative foods - handled our group!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

12 of us descended upon the restaurant and we were seated right away for lunch. The service was impeccable and the food... excellent. At our table we enjoyed salmon with green beans, the special of a three cheese grilled cheese sandwich and creamy tomato soup was a big hit. I enjoyed a wonderful tuna melt. The herbs used in both the salad and the tuna added a fresh taste. We were allowed separate checks and that is a plus. Pleasant decor in this shopping center restaurant.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Oregon
“Monteaux's Public House- good dinner!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

First time to visit this eatery. Chose because of close location to Beaverton. We actually made reservations just two hrs ahead of our dinner on a busy holiday weekend and they graciously accommodated our party of three. Food was pub and European faire with beer, wine and cocktails.
The service was excellent-very friendly waitress and staff. She offered samplers to help us select our preferred drinks. The menu was familiar with comfort foods pleasing to most foodies and also creative with a few unexpected cultural dishes to try. Would recommend for business or casual family meals.
We are from out of area but would happily return for casual meals.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington
“Very Tasty!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We went here for our anniversary. We were there for happy hour and got the hummus appetizer. The pita bread was soft and warm and delicious. It came with olives and roasted veggies. My husband had the grilled salmon and loved it. I had the BBQ burger, it had cheese and bacon...yum! The fries and union rings were both delicious! We ended with the creme brulee. The sugar on top was a little burned and the custard was cold but it had good flavor. Everything was reasonably priced and very tasty. We will definitely eat here again!

• Visited August 2013