“Do Not Stay If You Expect a Quality Breakfast” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 20%
Ranked #3 of 12 hotels in Beaverton
Minnesota City, Minnesota
“Do Not Stay If You Expect a Quality Breakfast”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

This is honestly the worst breakfast buffet I have had in my life. All food is pre-made frozen and served barely warm. Muffins are Orville Spunkmaker and were served cold.frozen. Juice was warm. Bacon was greasy and pre-made. Omelets are a joke. Cereal choices were 2- bad and worse. They charge for this also! On a positive note, the evening desk clerk is awesome and #1. I wish every front desk clerk was like her!! She really cared about the guests!! As an FYI, they do not have maintenace on weekend to fix rooms.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

143 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Los Altos Hills, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

As a previous revieer noted, this was a "new" Doubletree converted from a different hotel. In my experience, was not up to usual Doubletree standards, and was significantly overpriced for the quality. The HVAC was an old wall unit rather than a modern central system. The bathtub remodel (apparently a drop-in shell over an old tub) left it so narrow I could barely fit (and I'm a a trim 160 lbs not some 300 pounder!). And the bathroom fan roared -- it was so loud I turned off the light (light and fan were on same switch) to bathe in the dark, Overpriced. Should have been 40% cheaper. More like a Best Western or Holiday Inn than a Doubletree.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Santa Monica, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

This hotel is now a Doubletree Hilton. I stayed here for a business trip for 3 nights. I should have done my homework a little more, but I always love the Doubletree cookies, so that was the selling point! The hotel hallways are a bit dirty, stains on carpet. The breakfast they offer is terrible, basically cereal, bagels, apples, coffee and instant oatmeal. I will say the rooms are nice, and I was pleased with how large they were. The staff was also very nice. But, the bar....stopped in here for a glass of wine at the end of the night. They have one of those fancy wine pour machines, with about 6 bottles in it. I ordered a glass of Merlot and then got my bill. $18.00 for a glass of wine at the Doubletree hotel. I was shocked. Why would they choose to have such high end wines at a 3 star hotel bar? All of their wines were pricey. I didn't spend $18 on a glass with my steak that night in Portand, so why would I want to spend that much at a hotel bar?

Also, it was very noisy, its very close to the freeway, and I could hear it all night as well as in the morning.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the back side so you are facing the freeway.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Phx40GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Beaverton, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

First of all, I would like to say thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your business! Thanks for taking the time out of your day to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. Each DoubleTree by Hilton is unique. Our hotel is a Beta hotel for a potential new style of DoubleTree by Hilton. I appreciate your comments very much, and this is something that I can take back to our designers (regarding the wine), to see if we can look at a lower cost option.

Regarding the hallways. The hallway carpet is scheduled for replacement in April. I would love to invite you back to try us out during that time. We can get you into a room oposite of the freeway! Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. Let me know the next time you are coming in, and i'd be more than happy to treat you to a couple glasses of wine on the house!

Matt Smith - GM
Medford, Oregon, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

While we were thankful to find a hotel available on short notice with 2 queens and a sleeper sofa, but we were greatly disappointed in the remodel status of the hotel. The pool, spa, and fitness center are being remodeled and currently CLOSED. This was not noted on the Hilton site when we booked. Third floor room had lots of traffic noise. The breakfast was pitiful and subpar compared to similar hotels. Skip this hotel and hope for better after remodel, especially since it is overpriced.

Room Tip: Call first and verify remodel status.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Phx40GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Beaverton, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Mr. Healy,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel. We feel that Tripadvisor is a great tool for travelers, and always encourage feedback from our guests! I appreciated the opportunity to talk about your experience via email yesterday, and are happy that we can have you back as a customer in the future. As discussed, we are significantly upgrading our breakfast to make it more in-line with most other DoubleTree's. The pool closure was so last minute, that it was difficult to get the word out in time. That being said, it is fully functional, and I can't wait to welcome you and your family back to town.

Matt Smith - General Manager
Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

When I arrived after a long haul across the country, I was informed that the hotel was sold out. Because of this, the only room left was a handicapped accessible room. The front desk staff seemed very concerned about whether this would be okay. The room itself was fine, but it was the first room off the lobby. It might as well have been in the lobby. I could hear every guest as they came in, until about 2:30 AM. The only quiet period was from 2:30 until 4:00 AM, and then the noise started again, as people began checking out. Other people who I traveled with, who were given rooms in other parts of the hotel also complained about noise. Some guests decided the new law in Washington extended to Oregon, and were openly partying at the hotel. Pot smoke and the people enjoying it are no fun when you are trying to sleep. This hotel needs to get their act together and decide if they are business hotel or a party hotel.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 229.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Matt S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Beaverton, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I wanted to take a moment to say thank you for taking the time to write your review on tripadvisor.com! Secondly, I wanted to portray my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience during your stay. We are most definitely a business class hotel, like most other DoubleTree by Hilton's. Unfortunately, we cannot control what guests do when they check in. That all being said, I will make sure that our guest services staff are "more aggresive" regarding taking consideration with noise, as well as enforcing certain policies to ensure guest service! Please let me know the next time you are in town. We'll be sure to get you into a much better spot in the hotel!

Malahat, bc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

The Doubletree by Hilton now! They are in the process of upgrading the hotel rooms and the lobby area. We were not disturbed by any noise during the upgrades but there were a few changes that we didn't care for. We will be heading back once the reno's are completed. We tend to stay at this location due to it's great location to the hwy and price. It's close to Portland with out the headache of traffic and costs and it's also close to the Woodburn Outlet Mall.
I wish them much success and hope they are able to finish the reno's before my next visit.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to put on your review onto tripadvisor.com! We appreciate your business! We definitely tried to keep the construction as low key as possible. Now that everything is complete, I believe you'll have a much better experience. Safe travels to you! We look forward to seeing you again.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Scored on Hotwire with this one, as I didn't expect to get a deal on a suite hotel. It was more than my 9-year son and I needed for our one-night stay, but we were certainly not complaining. We didn't need the microwave, small fridge, or the couch. The desk was nice to have, but what we really enjoyed were the 2 TV's. No fighting over the remote!

My normal room checklist:

CLEAN?: Very. The only exception was a tiny spot of mold above the shower where the tile ended and the wall began.

BED COMFORT: Excellent

SHOWER HEAD: Excellent

OUTSIDE NOISE: Didn't notice any. This hotel is located next to a freeway, but a couple of factors might have been in play. 1) we had the air-conditioner on, 2) Our room did not face the freeway. SUGGESTION: ask for an odd-numbered room. Those rooms face away from the freeway. I'm not sure if noise is actually an issue in the even-numbered rooms, but why risk it?

SPARE BEDSIDE OUTLETS: Okay. I found a spare plug for my CPAP. My computer was plugged-in at the desk, so I didn't need another one.

My only issue with the room: a VERY VERY NOISY bathroom fan that automatically turned on with the light. It was so bad that I actually chose to sit in the dark while using the bathroom.

FRONT DESK: Not so great. When we arrived, the front desk was unoccupied, with a "we'll be back soon" sign posted. My son and I sat alone in the lobby for 9 mins. before a young lady appeared. However she could not check us in right away, as she announced that her hands were covered in chemicals and needed to wash them. The next morning at check-out time we has a five min wait before somebody showed up. It seems that desk coverage is not a high priority at this hotel.

LOBBY BREAKFAST; Better than most, with lots of choices, including eggs and bacon. However I must mention that I have never, ever in my entire life seen bacon strips as thin as these. Cutting corners perhaps?

Overall, it was a nice stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear gfselect,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review onto tripadvisor.com. I wanted to say thank you for your positive post regarding our hotel! Thank you for staying with us, and we appreciate you staying with us. We'll look forward to seeing you on your next trip through town.

Matt S. - General Manager

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Beaverton? Share your experiences!