“Doesn't Live Up to its Potential!” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #114 of 311 Restaurants in Beaverton
Cuisines: American
Portland, Oregon
“Doesn't Live Up to its Potential!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I'm from the East Coast where Five Guys reigns supreme. It is the quinessential location for a good burger in the DC, MD, and VA area so, you gotta know how pleased I was to see the East Coast burger destination in OR. Well, it just wasn't the same.

While the restaurant looks like all the others..the burger left me angry..the fries were just 'ok'...frankly, if this would've been my first venture to Five Guys...I would NEVER go back. It just didn't live up to its potential!

On the East Coast..the burgers are excellent, mouth-watering creations that you dream about. They are simply perfect...but on this coast..they were an expensive heap of beef that was a waste of a good chew.

Such a disappointment.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Hillsboro, OR
“Fun place, pretty spendy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Been heen hearing lots of buzz about this place and were anxious to try it. My biggest sanity check was the calorie count for each item was up on the menu board in huge letters. Wow! I almost walked out. But it prompted me to order a hamburger with no cheese or bacon and save the 300 calories. The service was friendly. The food seemed very fresh. Self serve on the roasted peanuts while you waited a nice touch. Loved the selections of toppings and the fact that the menu was fairly simple. That being said, I ordered sauteed mushrooms on my burger which made the bun soggy and fall apart. The fries were amazing. We shared a medium order and there was enough for an army. Really great fries!! Two burgers, two small drinks and one medium fry, almost $19. Hmmmm and the atmoshere is certainly nothing more than cafeteria cute. Glad we tried it, but certainly not going to make a habit of it.

• Visited February 2013