“Food is worth a visit!” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #93 of 326 restaurants in Beaverton
Cuisines: Pizza
“Food is worth a visit!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

I have eaten here twice now. It can be noisy, hey pizza=kids. The food, especially the fish tacos, is worth the visit. Their ice tea and salsa could be redone..not so good. The service just depends...had good and one time it was slow. Overall, I would return again for lunch when it is quieter or dinner if I had young children with me.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

48% Recommend
Portland, Oregon
“Still needs some polish”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Our family really likes the BJ Willy's over in West Linn, and we were over near their new one in Beaverton and thought we'd give it a go. It just looks like they grew to big and dropped the ball. It's the same menu as the one off of 43 in West Linn, but the quality is just not there. The staff seemed lost and not attentive and the food was passable, but nothing special.. Apparently their dish washer doesn't work, after the both plates we had for my wife's pizza were dirty, she just gave up and ate off the pan. Take the drive over their other locations, you'll be happier.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Bad service, poor value, untrained staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

We arrived just before 6 pm and were told by the distracted hostess that we were third in line so our wait shouldn't be very long. 35 min later I approached the host desk to see how much longer it would be before we were seated. I was informed that we were now 2nd in line and it would be a short wait. I was told that the kitchen had gotten backed up so the manager decided to not seat any further patrons. We were seated shortly thereafter and placed our order. The food came out fairly quickly, but our waiter had not even provided us with napkins, plates to share our appetizer, silverware, or refills on the beverages we had ordered. He came by once during our dining experience to provide said items after I had requested them. The only thing he handled in a reasonable amount of time was the check. I had to flag down another server to get a to-go container. I have dined at several of the restaurants in this area and of all of them I would rate this the worst experience I have had in Progress Ridge. Vinitopia is a few doors down and even though they are a bit overpriced I think I will go there rather than hazard this establishment ever again.

As for the food it was nothing special, greasy, uninspired menus for the most part. You can definitely tell that the owner is not a professional and is just a dabbler in the business. Unless dramatic improvements occur, this place won't be open long.

Portland, OR
“High Hopes, Low Reality”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

We were excited when they opened, but have been disappointed twice. The service is spotty, the food just OK, and the overall experience is poor. For example:

* On first visit, the waitress took 20 minutes to show up and take an order
* On second visit, the Ceasar Salad portion was tiny, the pizza burnt, and the flatbread bland
* On second visit, the beer glass was dirty - old pulp stuck to the inside of the glass. The waiter's comment was "Our diswasher sucks"

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Oregon
“Bad From The Start.....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

Hello all. My wife and I stopped by this resturant for a quick bite to eat. It is in an awesome looking shopping plaza with lots of stores. We had never eaten here before and thought we would stop in and enjoy a couple appetizers. Once we walked in we were looked at by the hostess and were not speaken to until we spoke to them. The resturant was half full with many open booths, but I think that they do not sit people at booths with parties less than 4. Instead of waiting for a table we opted to sit in the bar.

The bar is nice and we chose a booth in there. We waited about 10 minutes before anyone came to our table with menus and asked for drinks. Apparently the bar tender and bar staff does not serve the entire bar area as our waitress seemed to be serving the resturant and us on the side.

The wife and I chose to have drinks of strawberry lemonade and iced tea; this we waited an additional 10 minutes to recieve our first glass. Please keep in mind that the resturant had a full staff with only ~ 1/2 of the tables filled. We then placed our order for one bacon wrapped jalepeno poppers, and one flat bred with spinach & artichoke dip.

We waited nearly 30 mins for our appetizers before we saw our waitress and asked where our food was. We were told that they had to make more so it would take a while. Another 10 minutes later (40 mins in) our poppers arrived. then about 20 minutes later our bread and dip arrived.

Based on this single experience I would not reccomend eating at this resturant based on service and wait times. The food was just above average for appetizers.

• Visited May 2012