“Nice clean room and great staff” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save 15% Now!
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Beaverton
Florence, OR
“Nice clean room and great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Stayed here last weekend and enjoyed a lovely, clean room and GREAT free breakfast. Will not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
shiloinns, General Manager at Shilo Inn Hotel & Suites - Beaverton, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Dear LMGargis,

Thank you for taking time to comment on your recent stay. I am ecstatic to see your positive review and anxious to tell my team! Thank you for being our valued guest and we look forward to being of service to you again in the future.

Gary Sorrels, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Here
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

This hotel is dated but not too shabby. The bed was very comfortable, the accessible shower was very large, the courtyard is very pretty. The air conditioner was the best of any place we've ever stayed.

Downsides: The free wifi was worth the cost as it didn't work at all. The router for our section was located within another guest's room who refused the staff access to reset it as they'd already gone to bed at 8:30 pm. It took 40 minutes to get to see our room as the staff person couldn't get the key to work in the door. The doors are narrow for a wheelchair. Also if you are in a lower building and in a wheelchair, you must get into your car to drive up to the attached restaurant as the hill is far too steep to push up. The bathroom floor had quite a bit of hair on it that was not ours. The television had to be turned on two or three times to get a good signal. The restaurant is up steps so they have to get someone to lie down a portable ramp to get access to it. The toilet was a bit too close to the wall and the side bar a little too short, but not major problems.

All of that said, though, it was definitely good enough for the price and we would stay here again, but we'd not use the restaurant.

Room Tip: Choose an even numbered room in the lower building to get a courtyard view. Even the even numbered a...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
shiloinns, General Manager at Shilo Inn Hotel & Suites - Beaverton, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Dear 2CasualTravelers11,

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay at the Shilo Inn Beaverton. I sincerely appreciate your feedback and will look into the items of concern that you mention. Thank you for being our valued guest and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

seattle
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

The bad experience started with our room already occupied with another guest. When we did get a new room we had to weave our way through the dirty linen piled in the hallway. Then the room was not clean and smelled bad. The TV did not work and there was no help from the staff. Overall not a good experience.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
shiloinns, General Manager at Shilo Inn Hotel & Suites - Beaverton, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
Dear goodfoodSeattle,

Thank you for commenting about your recent stay at the Shilo Inn Beaverton. I sincerely apologize for the concerns that you mention in your posting. I also apologize that we failed to meet your expectations.

Your experience is not reflective of the high level of service that we strive to provide our guests. I would appreciate an opportunity to discuss your concerns with you personally, in hopes of providing a suitable resolution. If this meets with your approval, please contact me at your earliest convenience.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

This was a great hotel-a bit spread out. I had to go to the furthest building over from mine to do laundry. The room, a king bed, was spacious and comfortable. The staff was awesome.

I did feel there was a bit of a switcheroo concerning breakfast-they said that they had a free hot breakfast every morning, but there was only a limited choice unless you wanted to pay. Still, the hotel was well worth it and it was close to my daughter. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: It you intend to stay longer than a few days and need laundry, get a room closer to that building-pl...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
shiloinns, General Manager at Shilo Inn Hotel & Suites - Beaverton, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
Dear Krisathome,

Thank you for being our guest in Beaverton. Please let me know personally when you plan to return and I will make sure that you are accommodated closer to the laundry facility.

Best Regards,

Escondido, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

We stayed here after catching a show downtown. The price was right, and the room was a lot nicer than I expected. The best perk was the coupon for a free breakfast at the restaurant. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable. The breakfast wasn't fancy, but it was filling.

The only snag was an awkward exchange between two members of the front staff while I was trying to check out. Esther was incredibly rude and impatient with her subordinate, which put me in the awkward position of trying to play peacemaker.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
shiloinns, General Manager at Shilo Inn Hotel & Suites - Beaverton, responded to this review, March 16, 2012
Dear Googlaw26,

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate your comments regarding the room, breakfast and the lack of Esthers patience while training a new staff member. I will bring this to her attention immediately.

Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Best Regards, Gary Sorrels

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights and had a wonderful experience. We stayed in the Executive Bldg (room 388). This building is on a hill. There's no elevator, but we only had to walk up one small set of steps from the parking lot. There were handrails on both sides of the stairs. I'm disabled (use a cane to assist me with walking), but I had no problems with the stairs. The bldg is quiet, and nicely remodeled. The rooms are clean and modern. The heat/AC unit worked perfectly. The TV was flat screen, swiveled, and worked well. The bed (king size in our room) was very comfortable. There was free high-speed internet, a desk, telephone, office chair, and two comfy lounge chairs. The bathroom has a tub/shower combo with almost instant hot water. There was one sink and a hair dryer. The housekeeping staff were polite and efficient. The hotel lobby is huge and beautiful. The front desk staff bend over backward to assist you with anything and everything, and are always smiling. The restaurant is beautiful with a well-varied menu. Prices were about average for the Portland area. A steak or salmon (yummy) dinner will cost about $25. We did not go into the pub (separate from the restaurant), but the menu there appeared fine. The restaurant has a fireplace, baby grand piano, lots of huge windows, and a view of the swimming pool, gardens, and fountains. The surrounding trees are magnificent. The grounds are well maintained. Breakfast is free, but only if you choose one of three offerings: biscuits & gravy (which I thought was fantastic), pancakes, or a scramble. If you don't take one of these, each breakfast coupon entitles you to $3 off anything else on the menu (and the menu is large). The coffee was very good. I absolutely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms in Executive Bldg are completely refurbished. Handicap access rooms are in the older building...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
shiloinns, General Manager at Shilo Inn Hotel & Suites - Beaverton, responded to this review, January 19, 2012
Dear Lynne L,

Thank you for your wonderful comments! I enthusiastically passed them along to the staff personally. We all look forward to another opportunity to be of service to you when you return to the Portland area.

Best Regards,
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

I had such a great experience here. My car broke down during my stay, so I had to book another night. The front desk even jump started my car! The service in the lounge and cigar bar was excellent. The happy hour food and prices were great! The king room was large, with a table and chair, fridge and microwave, and a good size bathroom. The rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable. My stay even included breakfast in the restaurant- home cooked meal!! None of those crappy self serve breakfast bars. I am a budget traveler- I sometimes splurge on special occasions, but I am frugal. I found this to be the best value I have seen in a long time. Every level of this hotel was amazing for the value. The location is easy freeway access, and to down town, but I would recommend having a car -I am not sure about the public transportation element. I would highly recommend this to any fellow traveler.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
shiloinns, General Manager at Shilo Inn Hotel & Suites - Beaverton, responded to this review, December 7, 2011
Dear Wandering Sasquatch,

Thank you for your encouraging comments! On behalf of the Shilo Beaverton team, we appreciate your choosing our hotel and hope that we will see you again soon.

Kindest Regards,

Gary Sorrels

Been to Shilo Inn Hotel & Suites - Beaverton? Share your experiences!