“Nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Beaverton
twin cities
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2006

I thought this was a nice value. Front desk staff very helpful and polite. They had some cookies at front desk in early evening. There was coffee in the lobby in the morning. There was a free weekday paper. Bedding comfortable, good housekeeping service. We did not use exercise/pool facilities but they looked nice. Warning: if you get a queen bed with sofabed room, make sure the room you get assigned has a sofabed. Initially I got a room with just a chair. Front desk promptly fixed this. Got good rate with AAA discount.

Stayed October 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2006

We arrived at the Hilton Garden Inn around 9PM towards the end of the Labour Day long weekend. We paid $75.05 (AAA rate) and stayed in room 231, a king bed room.

The room was clean and spacious. The floral bed cover and the dark motif of the room seemed dated but the outside grounds were well manicured and maintained. Chain restaurants are located conveniently nearby. Amenities included a swimming pool and fitness centre that I did not get to use but at a glance, looked clean and modern. The room offered free DSL and free remote printing to the business centre downstairs which was convenient and useful.

Check out was a breeze at the Hilton Garden Inn. If the statement met with the guest's approval, just press the Zip-Out Check-Out button on the guest room telephone. Your account was automatically checked out and you were free to leave the keys in the room. Easy!

The hotel was conveniently located for shopping at the Woodburn Outlet Center. We also shopped at the nearby Washington Square.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay here again.

• Liked — Conveniently located
  • Disliked — Decor
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2006

This hotel was a joy to stay in during a long weekend trip to the Portland area. Customer service was top notch - no matter what I needed or asked about, the desk was pleasant and efficient in dealing with it. The hotel has a great onsite restaurant, a quiet and cozy lobby for relaxing and the rooms were clean, quiet and comfortable. The location is excellent with many dining venues close by and some major shopping malls only a few minutes down the road. Excellent set up for the business traveller and no internet problems. There are any number of hotels that could take customer service lessons from the Garden Hilton. I would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Customer service
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Calgary
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2006

After travelling all day from Boston, Mass via Vancouver, BC and arriving at the Hilton Garden Inn in Beaverton, Oregon after midnight I was told they had given away my room even though I had a guaranteed reservation backed up by my credit card. They even had the temerity to charge my card a no-show fee ( which they subsequently reversed after I complained to Visa). I complained to Hilton's web site which purports to care about customer service and was told I would hear from the hotel management. Six months later and I am still waiting. So far no one from Hilton has even apologized for their poor conduct. I will not be booking with Hilton any longer since I can't count on a room being there and they don't seem to care either.

, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Beaverton, responded to this review, January 12, 2006
The Hilton Garden Inn located in Beaverton Oregon has a team committed to providing excellent customer service. When making a reservation with a credit card your room will be held for you on the day of arrival. In the event that we cannot provide you with a room that was guaranteed for that day with a valid credit card we will make arrangements for you at another hotel. You will not be charged for your reservation at the Hilton Garden Inn or for one night at the other hotel. If a charge does appear on your credit card when the above situation occurs, please contact the hotel directly and ask to speak with the Guest Services Manager and we will correct the error.

Thank you for your business.
Santa Ana, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2005

This is a new, clean hotel with decent service for a reasonable price. I'm told that Nike uses it to house people who they bring to their corporate HQ, which is in Beaverton and Yakima appears to as well.

Pros:

. Large, clean rooms
. Reasonable service
. A/C and fridge in room.
. Quiet (far back from the street).
. Cart available to help you bring in your luggage.
. Small restaurant in the hotel.
. indoor swimming pool and fitness center (which both reek of Chlorine).

Cons:

. A/C unit in the window and fridge can be noisy. I unplugged my fridge and cooled the rom and then turned off the AC so I could have a completely quiet room. Note that I'm very particular about noise when sleeping. The A/C and fridge are no noisier than any other hotel with similar amenities, and so if you aren't bothered by noise, you probably won't mind the noise they make at all.
. No assistance with bags from hotel staff (at least not at 11:00 p.m. when we arrived).

I didn't eat here, so I know nothing about the quality of the restaurant.

I will definitely stay here again, but will probably bring some earplugs to drown out the noise from the AC and fridge. I didn't use the pool or fitness center, but I smelled a strong chlorine smell in both areas which I didn't like.

• Stayed September 2005
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2005

I stayed at this Hilton Garden Inn for one night during a trip from Seattle to Napa, CA. I thought it was a totally nice hotel, especially if you are not interested in staying in Portland itself. Traffic getting to the hotel was pretty awful on a Friday night, which made the pleasant greeting upon our arrival very much appreciated. Located off highway 26 in a corporate hotel park, there are several restaurant chains within walking distance in addition to the restatuant within the hotel itself. The room was totally pleasant--what you'd expect from this hotel chain.

• Stayed August 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2004

My family and I traveled to the Oregon coast last fall and found the Hiltom Garden Inn the perfect rest-stop. We had a baby, not even 1 yet so we needed to get out of the car for a night. And this hotel was wonderful! The service was great, reservations had been easy, the hotel was quiet and clean and in a good part of the city. I would recomend this to anyone.

• Stayed October 2004

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Portland Beaverton? Share your experiences!