“Fine business hotel near most Beaverton business activities” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15520 NW Gateway Court, Beaverton, OR 97006   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Beaverton
Memphis, Tennessee
“Fine business hotel near most Beaverton business activities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights including Saturday. Hotel is quiet, clean, and staff is friendly. Coffee in lobby is fresh at any time 24/7. Breakfast is not free, but is reasonably priced. Internet connection is good for a hotel, but not really up to fast broadband standards.

Room Tip: Upper floors are very quiet
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

CON: Window shade leaves 1-2 inch gap and the sunlight streams over your pillows in the morning. No curtains. As we left our room we smelled cigarette smoke storngly. Most of the smell was coming from a non-smoking room. Bed was not very comfortable despite advertising a "sleep number" type mattress. I turned it way down to soften it and it really didn't accomplish much. To be honest, the toilet paper dispensers are not located in an easy to reach spot. You have to lean way back to grab it which I can see as a problem for people who have mobility issues. I think the television was volume-controlled because we turned it up all of the way and still could barely hear it. We had to enable to closed captioning in order to hear it over the heater.

PRO: Affordable, acceptable accomodation. Proximity to eateries and shopping. Right off the highway but no highway noise detected. Large room. Free cookies in the lobby in the evening are delicious. No need to stop by the desk to check out of the room.

When I booked the room I asked not to be placed near elevators or an ice machine and my request was granted. Whenever possible you should always try to request this. We didn't take advantage of breakfast or the pool so I can't comment regarding those amenities. I would probably stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher floor, request room away from elevator and ice machine.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Convient to Intel and multiple Semi-conductor supplier offices, easy access to Hwy 26 and Portland proper. Approximately 1/2 hr from airort unless traffic gets real bad.

Excellent breakfast, friendly and effcient staff, good Happy Hour food at bargain prices. In addition to the usual pool /spa/business center, etc.

Room Tip: even numbered rooms are back / outside view and realitively quiet.
Waukesha, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Location was pretty good, although I did go past the driveway the first time as it's behind a health club. Typical Hilton Garden. Pool was a too small for lap swimming but nice. Check in-in took about 30 seconds as did check-out. Quiet and clean, and if I needed it had food available. Honestly for a couple nights on the road, that's about all I need.

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

This property has a nice little lounge/eating area in the front of the foyer. Has a solid breakfast option for 10.95 (includes juice, coffee, etc) and an omllete bar. IN the evening its a full service menu with really affordable pricing. After a long day working its a nice option to stay in the hotel and not get carved on pricing. Even a nice happy hour 5-7 where special priced foods and bevvie available. Wish it ran a little later, as I get back normally no ealrier then after 6 and then its gym/running time. Either way a nice add-on. Rooms comfy and they have those dial beds where you chose the firmness. Great sleep each night.

Redmond, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one night. The staff was great and the fresh warm cookies a plus. The pool, spa and fitness center was also good. Very clean. Our room was average but had all the amenities needed.
We stayed here two years ago when the breakfast was $10. It is now $10.95 so we chose to check out and drive to Elmer's close by. As it turned out, Elmer's cost the same. We recommend you try the hotels breakfast. Personally made omelets are better than Elmer's and there are more other choices to go with.

Room Tip: Top floor quiet side. If it's cold outside ask them if they will turn the heat on in your room...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
The NW
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Nice hotel, built like other Hilton Garden Inns, and very friendly desk clerks. When we arrived, we noticed a school bus outside which, in our experience, can mean noisy kids in the hallways. I asked if our reserved room was near the group and was promptly moved to the other end of the hotel, without any attitude about it. During our stay the only hallway noise we heard was some woman yelling her room number, to her friends down the hallway, at about 10 PM and the shower upstairs being used in the middle of the night. Other than that it was one of the quietest hotel stays we've had in a long time.

The room was clean and large. Plenty of room for the 3 of us to spread out. King bed on the far end, bathroom in the middle and living room area at the front end, by the hall. There was a rather large gap under the door that let light in, but it wasn't that noticeable until nighttime and didn't bother our sleep. There were down and foam pillows on the bed. I am highly allergic to down and should have paid more attention, when reserving my room, to the amenities offered at this hotel. If I had noticed down pillows are available I would have requested all down items removed during cleaning of the room. By the time we noticed the down pillows, it was quite late, so we removed them to a corner of the room and went to sleep. A benedryl in the middle of the night alleviated my allergic reaction and reminded me that I need to make sure I check for down bedding before I do anything else. I don't fault the hotel for the down pillows, though. My fault and next time I will try to remember to ask they be removed before I check in.

We did not use the pool, business center or eat in the restaurant, on this stay, but our previous experience with the food in HGI properties is it's standard hotel fare, perhaps a bit overpriced, but certainly good enough to eat. We probably ended up paying more for breakfast, at Elmer's, but we had a larger variety on the menu. The pool area looked clean and the business center was nice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Portland Beaverton? Share your experiences!