“Nice stay except for the sneezing.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Advance Purchase
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Beaverton
The NW
“Nice stay except for the sneezing.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Nice hotel, built like other Hilton Garden Inns, and very friendly desk clerks. When we arrived, we noticed a school bus outside which, in our experience, can mean noisy kids in the hallways. I asked if our reserved room was near the group and was promptly moved to the other end of the hotel, without any attitude about it. During our stay the only hallway noise we heard was some woman yelling her room number, to her friends down the hallway, at about 10 PM and the shower upstairs being used in the middle of the night. Other than that it was one of the quietest hotel stays we've had in a long time.

The room was clean and large. Plenty of room for the 3 of us to spread out. King bed on the far end, bathroom in the middle and living room area at the front end, by the hall. There was a rather large gap under the door that let light in, but it wasn't that noticeable until nighttime and didn't bother our sleep. There were down and foam pillows on the bed. I am highly allergic to down and should have paid more attention, when reserving my room, to the amenities offered at this hotel. If I had noticed down pillows are available I would have requested all down items removed during cleaning of the room. By the time we noticed the down pillows, it was quite late, so we removed them to a corner of the room and went to sleep. A benedryl in the middle of the night alleviated my allergic reaction and reminded me that I need to make sure I check for down bedding before I do anything else. I don't fault the hotel for the down pillows, though. My fault and next time I will try to remember to ask they be removed before I check in.

We did not use the pool, business center or eat in the restaurant, on this stay, but our previous experience with the food in HGI properties is it's standard hotel fare, perhaps a bit overpriced, but certainly good enough to eat. We probably ended up paying more for breakfast, at Elmer's, but we had a larger variety on the menu. The pool area looked clean and the business center was nice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Having stayed at this property many times in the past, I needed to book a one-night weekend stay recently during the holidays. Going on the HiltonHHonors web site, this property had the best rate for the date I needed. I knew what to expect from this hotel.

Upon arrival and checking in I asked about being upgraded to a suite, which usually is the norm for me at the property, being a Gold HiltonHHonors member. I know it is not one of the standard benefits but an added “perk”! Very nice. The staff had already upgraded me to a suite on the first floor; I prefer the higher floors and had to wait for one to be readied. No problem as I needed to grab a quick lunch. Back from lunch and up to my room, one I have had many times! I knew what to expect. Clean, spacious room with the great “Garden Inn Sleep System” beds – oh so comfortable!

The staff at the front desk are wonderful and greets you by name upon arrival, and several remembered me from past stays! That’s always a nice touch.

The breakfast the next morning was very good, complimentary for Gold HHonors. You can have made-to-order omelets. I overhead another guest comment on the breakfast and hotel in general saying “we won’t stay anywhere else, this is a great hotel”.

This hotel is in the city of Beaverton, a suburb of Portland. It’s close to downtown Portland via US 26, approximately 15 miles to the city center area. An option if you do not want to drive into the city is go to the Sunset Transit Center just a few miles east on US 26, park for free, and ride TriMet’s MAX Light Rail into the city and beyond (even to PDX). For $5 you can ride the metro area transit system all day long (bus, light rail, or commuter train). The hotel sits in a quiet area, but close to lots of shopping and activity. You are just minutes to the great Washington County wine county! The hotel has a nice fitness room that is next to the indoor pool. Right next to the hotel is a 24-Hour Fitness. I might add as a side note the rooms do need a refresh. Other than that, this is one of my top hotels to stay at.

If you are looking for a hotel for weekend getaway or multi-stay business trip you can’t and won’t go wrong with the Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Beaverton.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I spent only one night here, but I would return again, and again. The staff were exceedingly courteous and competent. The room was immaculate. The location was very convenient: I met some friends in downtown Portland for dinner, and it was only a 20 minute drive.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Northern Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

For the price, this is an unbeatable hotel. We were looking for a hotel close enough to Portland, but outside of the "city" of Portland. Right off the highway, this hotel was no more than 30-45 minutes from downtown Portland. There are plenty of things to do locally in the Beaverton area as well.
Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. They were willing to give advice on local restaurants, reserve a ride for us back to the airport, and answer any questions. Rooms were very clean.

Room Tip: Breakfast at the hotel was a little expensive, and there are diners close by. But the food at the di...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami Fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

This is a very nice hotel about 25 minutes from Portland in Beaverton. The hotel is very well maintained and clean. The hotel is next two a couple of other hotels ( Homewood Suites) and to a gym facility. The rooms are very clean and they have a superb staff. The $10 dollars breakfast is very good and it includes eggs made to your order, the breakfast staff is very helpful and friendly (keep up the good work). There is an inside pool and a very small gym with a couple of machines on site. There is a Sweet Tomatoes restaurant at few steps from the hotel. Highly recommended, if you are doing business in Beaverton. Cannon Beach and the Ecola State Park are around 1.5 hr. drive from the hotel a must see if you are in the area and have some extra time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
New York, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

The employees are amazing! Truly this property is only outstanding because the employees take pride in their work. I have stayed here for years and yes- the furniture could be updated- but why bother when everything is kept clean, service is that of a five star hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Spent 3 nights there on business. Hotel overall ok and service is good. However quite dated. Rooms and furniture are old. Air con is a type i did not know it even exists nowadays. The fridge Was so noisy in the room so I had to unplug it. Room cleanliness is average - could be better. But the staff tries hard and very friendly.

• Stayed September 2012
PDXBH, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Beaverton, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for staying with us while in town for business. I appreciate your candor as we look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest room appearance is an area we are actively examining. We will keep your feedback in mind as we work towards a refresh plan and we welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share. We hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying with us again.

Warm regards,

Brandon

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Portland Beaverton? Share your experiences!