“Wonderful stay for last minute Christmas shopping weekend in Portland!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Portland Beaverton

You added Hilton Garden Inn Portland Beaverton to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Portland Beaverton
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15520 NW Gateway Court, Beaverton, OR 97006   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Beaverton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Salem, Oregon
“Wonderful stay for last minute Christmas shopping weekend in Portland!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Having stayed at this property many times in the past, I needed to book a one-night weekend stay recently during the holidays. Going on the HiltonHHonors web site, this property had the best rate for the date I needed. I knew what to expect from this hotel.

Upon arrival and checking in I asked about being upgraded to a suite, which usually is the norm for me at the property, being a Gold HiltonHHonors member. I know it is not one of the standard benefits but an added “perk”! Very nice. The staff had already upgraded me to a suite on the first floor; I prefer the higher floors and had to wait for one to be readied. No problem as I needed to grab a quick lunch. Back from lunch and up to my room, one I have had many times! I knew what to expect. Clean, spacious room with the great “Garden Inn Sleep System” beds – oh so comfortable!

The staff at the front desk are wonderful and greets you by name upon arrival, and several remembered me from past stays! That’s always a nice touch.

The breakfast the next morning was very good, complimentary for Gold HHonors. You can have made-to-order omelets. I overhead another guest comment on the breakfast and hotel in general saying “we won’t stay anywhere else, this is a great hotel”.

This hotel is in the city of Beaverton, a suburb of Portland. It’s close to downtown Portland via US 26, approximately 15 miles to the city center area. An option if you do not want to drive into the city is go to the Sunset Transit Center just a few miles east on US 26, park for free, and ride TriMet’s MAX Light Rail into the city and beyond (even to PDX). For $5 you can ride the metro area transit system all day long (bus, light rail, or commuter train). The hotel sits in a quiet area, but close to lots of shopping and activity. You are just minutes to the great Washington County wine county! The hotel has a nice fitness room that is next to the indoor pool. Right next to the hotel is a 24-Hour Fitness. I might add as a side note the rooms do need a refresh. Other than that, this is one of my top hotels to stay at.

If you are looking for a hotel for weekend getaway or multi-stay business trip you can’t and won’t go wrong with the Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Beaverton.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I spent only one night here, but I would return again, and again. The staff were exceedingly courteous and competent. The room was immaculate. The location was very convenient: I met some friends in downtown Portland for dinner, and it was only a 20 minute drive.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Northern Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

For the price, this is an unbeatable hotel. We were looking for a hotel close enough to Portland, but outside of the "city" of Portland. Right off the highway, this hotel was no more than 30-45 minutes from downtown Portland. There are plenty of things to do locally in the Beaverton area as well.
Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. They were willing to give advice on local restaurants, reserve a ride for us back to the airport, and answer any questions. Rooms were very clean.

Room Tip: Breakfast at the hotel was a little expensive, and there are diners close by. But the food at the di...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami Fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

This is a very nice hotel about 25 minutes from Portland in Beaverton. The hotel is very well maintained and clean. The hotel is next two a couple of other hotels ( Homewood Suites) and to a gym facility. The rooms are very clean and they have a superb staff. The $10 dollars breakfast is very good and it includes eggs made to your order, the breakfast staff is very helpful and friendly (keep up the good work). There is an inside pool and a very small gym with a couple of machines on site. There is a Sweet Tomatoes restaurant at few steps from the hotel. Highly recommended, if you are doing business in Beaverton. Cannon Beach and the Ecola State Park are around 1.5 hr. drive from the hotel a must see if you are in the area and have some extra time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
New York, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

The employees are amazing! Truly this property is only outstanding because the employees take pride in their work. I have stayed here for years and yes- the furniture could be updated- but why bother when everything is kept clean, service is that of a five star hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Spent 3 nights there on business. Hotel overall ok and service is good. However quite dated. Rooms and furniture are old. Air con is a type i did not know it even exists nowadays. The fridge Was so noisy in the room so I had to unplug it. Room cleanliness is average - could be better. But the staff tries hard and very friendly.

• Stayed September 2012
PDXBH, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Beaverton, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for staying with us while in town for business. I appreciate your candor as we look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest room appearance is an area we are actively examining. We will keep your feedback in mind as we work towards a refresh plan and we welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share. We hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying with us again.

Warm regards,

Brandon
Grants Pass, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We walked in to check in and the staff was very welcoming. They gave us all the information we could need and we were on our way to the room. We walked in and the decor was wonderful. I loved the window treatments. However the bed was queen and our reservations were for a King. I wasn't thrilled with that but in all honesty, at that moment I couldn't care. We were so tired from the trip that we instantly fell asleep. There was a couple of other things that did thrill me either. There isn't an exhaust fan in the bathroom and if you leave the window open and the breeze blows into your room you can smell natural gas. I will say that the beds were wonderful. You could pick how hard or soft you wanted the bed depending on your mood.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Portland Beaverton? Share your experiences!