“Always very good!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 12 hotels in Beaverton
New York, New York
“Always very good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

I have stayed here 7 times and it is always an excellent experience! Clean, safe, nice hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
mupchurch, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Beaverton, responded to this review, August 30, 2011
Thank you for your review! We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon.
-MacKenzie

251 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Redmond, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

I recently stayed here and thought ti was a beautiful location. Our family has stayed in the area numerous times and we decided to try this hotel. Location was nice but the service was lackluster, at best.

Some family members were coming to the Portland area (18 & 19 years old) and I suggested that this would be a nice/safe hotel for them to stay at. Reservations were made and the fact that the customers were under 21 was discussed at length. I was told that it wasn't a problem.

2 days prior to their CONFIRMED stay, I called to make payment by credit card. After sitting on HOLD for quite a while (remember I said the service was neglible at best) I was told that credit card payment for this room would be fine. Then I was placed on Hold again and the Manager came on to state that though the reservations were made that HE felt that they were not his kind of clientele.

After discussing this at length, the room reservations were cancelled by the Manager. When I asked what these young ADULTS would have done if I hadn't called in to make the payment prior to their arrival he said he would have honored the reservation. Now having less than 48 hours to find a hotel was beyond difficult as the hotels in the area were booked. I did talk to numerous hotel chains - including other Hilton hotels that were absolutely fine with renting rooms to Young Adults over 18.

I find the lackluster customer service and the management interpretation of the hotel guidelines at this location to be such that I will not stay here again and would advise other not to either.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Beaverton_ORHotelGuy, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Beaverton, responded to this review, August 24, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. First of all, let me apologize for any inconvenience this situation may have caused you. I also apologize that our policy regarding age restrictions wasn't adequately explained to you upon making your original reservation. When we did speak you mentioned that your daughter would be staying alone and not with other family members. I expressed to you my concerns and you indicated that you agreed with our basic age policy. We both agreed that the manner in which it was explained to you left much to be desired and again, for that I am very sorry. My responsibility is to ensure the safety and comfort of all of our guests. Our policies are designed to do just this. As our reviews illustrate, we do an outstanding job of taking care of our guests and I hope that, should your future travel plans include a trip to Portland/Beaverton, you would consider staying with us again.

Thank you for your review and for the opportunity to respond.

Chris Bebo
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

Although we are fans of Hilton hotels, we had never stayed at a Hilton Garden Inn because we usually prefer suite hotels like Embassy Suites or Homewood Suites. Fortunately, we checked the Trip Advisor reviews for hotels in and around Portland and found such rave reviews for this particular Hilton Garden Inn that we decided to stay there. We were amazed at how wonderful and charming this hotel is. The hotel has everything going for it---nice location (near highway, restaurants, local attractions etc). The exterior of the hotel looks like a big and inviting Inn---with nice plantings, and little courtyard for dining al fresco. The lobby is bright, clean and cozy. The business center is very well appointed with two computers, a copier, and office supplies . The rooms come with a microwave and minifridge, a bed which can be adjusted for firmness/softness and a very nice desk with an ergonomic chair for doing work . And, last but not least---the breakfast is fantastic. It's free if you're a Hilton Diamond member, but $10.95 if you're not --but totally worth it. The baked goods are delicious, omelets, eggs and pancakes are made to order. Plus you can help youself to the bountiful buffet of fresh fruit, yogurts, cereals, oatmeal, breakfast meats, potatoes etc. Yummy! The restaurant also serves dinner and provides room service. This is about as good as it gets!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
mupchurch, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Beaverton, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
jonsha-
Thank you for sharing your kind words regarding your stay with us! We thank you for your business and look forward to having you stay again.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

Stayed here for a night with my son after his Lacrosse tournament. This hotel is conveniently located near a lot of restaurants and Hwy 26. Check-in at the front desk was quick and smooth. Hotel staff were very friendly. Our room was neat and very clean. The free highspeed internet access was much appreciated! We found the beds to be very comfortable and we slept well. The only drawback during the night was the noise from the air-conditioner... it was a bit loud. Enjoyed kicking back in the spa as well. Overall a nice stay. We'd recommend this hotel to anyone and we'll be back ourselves.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
mupchurch, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Beaverton, responded to this review, July 25, 2011
GK360-
Thank you for your review. We strive to offer the best accommodations to all of our guests and are pleased you enjoyed your stay. We wish the best of luck to your son's team and we hope to have you back again soon.
Safe Travels,
Seattle, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

I selected this hotel for the Hilton Points. It is located near the interstate in a cul-de-sac that includes a Fairfield Inn, a Homewood Suites, and a Hilton Garden Inn. There are a few chain restaurants in walking distance.

Typical HGI layout. Restaurant in the hotel; full bar; room service. Kitchette in each room. Friendly front-desk personnel. Clean. Appears to have been remodeled in the last 2-3 years. Average, average, average.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Reston10-
I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We want all of our guests to have the best stay possible where every area of the hotel is clean and spacious and all services are on-time and of the highest quality. If there is anything else we could have done to have made your stay better please let us know. Thank you for being a loyal Hhonors member, we hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

After a very long drive, we were greated by friendly front desk staff who immediately upgraded us once she saw our 3 children. Apparently my request for a cot (booked thru travel website) did not make it to the hotel, so they gave us a suite (king bed, double pullout plus a cot). We loved the size of the room. Very clean and well appointed.
The breakfast is truly as good as everyone says... well worth it. The coffee/tea service in the lobby is a very nice touch. Our kids loved the hot cocoa.
The hotel location was great... easy to drive or take transit to downtown. The Chicago Pizza nearby was fabulous too!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
mupchurch, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Beaverton, responded to this review, July 18, 2011
Mamatra-
Thank you for your review, I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Safe Travels,
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel the night of our wedding July 2nd. We got in probably around 11:30pm, and when we got there my husband was not in his tux anymore, but I was still obviously in my wedding dress. The man who helped us did not even offer us a congratulations or basically any aknowledgment at all. He barely made eye contact with us, only when he had to. He wasn't very friendly either. Again, I have stayed at many Hiltons and usually the customer service is great. I wasn't impressed.

Our room was pretty decent. I have stayed at many different hiltons around the US before, and am usually very excited about their beds. This hilton offered one of the adjustable comfort level beds. But no matter what setting we had it on, both my husband and i were uncomfortable.

The next morning we woke up and we wanted room service. I didn't see a menu for it, so I called down to the front desk to see if they offered it. They said they didn't, but they did have a breakfast buffet. The buffet ended up being really good, but we were a little disapointed with them not offering room service.

Other than that, the room was pretty big, and the room had darkening shades which was GREAT because we were actually able to sleep in a little. I would probably go back, but I hope that we would get better, friendlier customer service next time.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
KSTBH37-
On behalf of the hotel, I’d like to offer congratulations to both you and your husband. We strive to offer the best amenities, cleanliness and service to all of our guests and I apologize you were not acknowledged upon your arrival. I thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and hope that you will stay with us again in the future so that we may demonstrate our commitment to improvement.
Best of wishes,
MacKenzie

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Portland Beaverton? Share your experiences!