“Good for a Motel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Bandon
British Columbia
“Good for a Motel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

Again, I went in with high expectations after reading review on this place. This was my other Best Western experience - and I think Best Western's are not for me after 2 experiences like this. The place was in a great location and the price was much better than the other best western I stayed at. The only comment I have on the place is again - Best Westerns are motels - they feel like a motel and I don' t really like the motel feel. This one had also been renovated but again it was an older motel - the furniture was now nice and the bed was good but it still felt old to me. The bathroom was okay. It is difficult when one goes back and forth between places like the Cannery in Astoria, The Hilton and then a few Best Westerns.

The price was appropriate for what you got, and as I said they did try to update the rooms. I won't be back unless I'm stuck for a place to stay though.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

The hotel is in a great location - the most marvellous beach is a few minutes walk away. The rooms are excellent - motel style, hotel comfort. great shower/bathroom, very comfortable beds. The Restaurant is more than satisfactory, although breakfast was a little chaotic. the swimming pool/spa looked terrific.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2009

We liked this hotel: wifi access, good breakfast, pretty room (only staircase was unpretty and needs some more attention), friendly staff, quiet location (but without a real beach view).
Bandon is the nicest place to stay at the Southern Oregon coast, the city itself is pretty, the Sand Dune NRA not far away, and if it rains the hotel offers an indoor pool until the sun comes out again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Richmond, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2009

Bed was comfy. Good shower. Clean. Decor was a bit outdated. Flat-screen TV's capable of HDTV but no HD channels available. Hotel is across the street from the beach, but decent views from the king suites. Weird steps leading to rooms. Nice staff. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
roseville,ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2009

This was truly a good place to stay..Bandon Bills bar and grill was great...just wish they opened earlier and stayed open later in the evening..the pool and spa and workout room was good and open 24 hours..All in all will be back soon ...

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Grants Pass
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2009

The first time we came to Bandon June of 2006 we hated it! After living in Laguna Beach I was use to different weather, 'course we stayed in some skanky place off the beaten track. We were looking at homes to relocate to grants pass. We found one & moved , this was our first trip back to Bandon since moving. It was my birthday I wanted to see the game park safari. But this Best Western exceeded my expectations! Beds were comfy rooms were clean. I like the cottage idea you don't have tons of people all over you.

The breakfast was wonderful. I prefer protein to a bunch of carbs... Bandon Bills' restaurant was fabulous! Love the work out room! We got to "rediscover Bandon" we use to think Bandon was just a pit, we got to see a pretty side of Bandon with better weather...I will definitely come back here! I thkn July or August are better months here.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2009

As a travel agent, I stay at a lot of properties from budget to deluxe. This Best Western caught me off guard. The rooms had style, and were extremely comfortable. The front desk staff was very friendly.

Our room was not ready when we arrived (it was early, only 1:45). They checked me in & took my cell number and called me promptly when it was ready. The hotel had beach access nearby, and decent on-site dining. I stayed in the cheapest room category, with 2 queens, no view. I still had a peek of the ocean from our 2nd story room.

I was able to view the Jacuzzi suite and it was beautiful.

What didn't I like? When we went down to the pool & got in the Jacuzzi, it was shot. Several of the jets didn't work, and there were a lot of missing tiles etc. I did notice in the lobby that they will be working on that pool & jacuzzi soon, so most likely these issues will disappear at that time.

I informed the front desk that the toilet handle was broken in our room & she immediately wrote it down to have it fixed before the next guest arrived.

I was happy with the property for the price, and would recommend it to my clients.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Inn at Face Rock? Share your experiences!