“Dinner Destination!!” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood, International
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Loft Restaurant & Bar features fine dining on the waterfront in Old Town Bandon.
“Dinner Destination!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

One of the best places, period! This unassuming location is home to a rare find anywhere, but especially the Bandon waterfront. The Butterfish was exquisite, Beef Filets tender, the Beet Salad was made with some of the freshest feta I've ever enjoyed; each bite was as surprisingly good as the former. I can't stand goat cheese, but the server earned my trust so I tried the cheesecake; the goat cheese flavor was so subtle is made every other flavor pop. Sublime. The service was attentive, knowledgable and a real addition to the entire experience.
It's a small restaurant and wasn't too busy - shocking since the food is so great - and I was a little disappointed the chef didn't come out. The atmosphere could be elevated to match the food, but I was so distracted by the flavors that it didn't really matter.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Lovely dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

We had an amazing dinner all around. From the Salmon Crudo through heirloom tomato salad and butter fish entree everything was delicious. The service was excellent and staff knew the wines on their list helping to make for a perfect pairing. We will be back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Portland, Oregon
“Truly amazing!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Wow, what a find! My boyfriend and I were in Bandon for a weeks vacation and happened to stumble upon the Loft and oh am I glad we did! We started out with the Salmon Crudo special ( thin cut raw salmon on a salt block) it was literally like silk in your mouth. Never in my life have I had raw salmon that good, I would recommend it to anyone! For our second course we ordered the beet salad, delicious. Even though my boyfriend isn't a fan of beets he was amazed at how much he liked it. For our entrees we got the Tuna Niçoise special and the Scallops, both were out of this world! The Niçoise was cooked perfectly with the most amazing flavors! Not to mention the presentation was stunning. All of the elements on the plate came together to make the meal a cohesive treat, including a crispy soft boiled egg! Wow if you ever hear this is a special, do yourself a favor and order it!!! Now onto the scallops... Hands down best scallops I've ever had, perfectly golden on a bed of greens with brown butter hollandaise and crispy sweet potato! We unfortunately didn't have room for dessert although the list looked wonderful. We will definitely come back next time we visit Bandon.

Visited July 2014
Bandon, Oregon
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The food is amazing. Absolutely delicious and made with love. Beautifully decorated with the best ingredients. A must when in Bandon. Reservations should be made since it is small and often full.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
langlois
“One of the Best Meals Ever!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Just dined again last night at The Loft. Went with three friends (from New York and Palm Springs) who had never been to The Loft before. They couldn't stop talking about the food...presentation, flavor, service, etc. They were just at the end of a two week trip from LA to San Francisco and said this was by far the best meal they had the entire trip.

It is such a pleasure to recommend The Loft, feeling confident guests will be as equally pleased as I always am when I dine there.

Oh yes, one of my friends is a professional photographer and insisted on taking of picture of each appetizer, salad and entrée. I will encourage her to write a review and include her photos. They are worth seeing....

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere