“Great place - due to re-open in May” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood, International
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Loft Restaurant & Bar features fine dining on the waterfront in Old Town Bandon.
Portland, Oregon
“Great place - due to re-open in May”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

A wonderful restaurant right on the waterfront at Bandon. They're expanding and will re-open in May. Check them out!

Visited March 2013

Santa Fe
“Don't Miss The Loft!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I wrote an earlier review of another Bandon restaurant, Alloro, calling it the best restaurant in town. But I'm actually of two minds. The young chef at the Loft, where I ate twice during two separate trips to Bandon in the fall of 2012, is very skilled and inventive. Her appetizer of grilled bay octopus (had it both times, I'm ashamed to say) is wonderful: a bit charred from the grill but still perfectly cooked. The butterfish entree is simply one of the best seafood dishes I have ever tasted (and that's a big category). The second floor marina-side view would be great in daylight, but I was there in autumn, after dark. My only nit to pick would be the relatively cautious menu. With a chef of such skill and imagination, she could dispense with the hamburger and other safer entrees and try to broaden the minds, and appetites of her clients a bit more. The Loft could hold its own in any city in the Northwest.

• Visited October 2012
Carlisle, Massachusetts
“Wonderful Food and Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We read about this on Tripadvisor so booked a table for 5.30 for dinner. We asked for a table by the window but to be honest the place is small and intimate and you have a great view from all the tables. Great food, fabulous knowledgable service and terrific value in this second story restaurant overlooking the Bandon boat basin. Apparently the chef/owner is in her twenties- what a talent. Nice wine selection and altogether a fine evening- you can take a nice stroll round the harbor afterwards. Highly recommended!

• Visited August 2012
Eureka, California
“Great service, Great food, Great view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Title pretty much says it all. Everything you want in a restaurant. The dishes are like little works of art, and they taste as great as they look.

My husband and I started with a cup of clam chowder and a cup of the bisque. I had never had bisque before and it was so delicious!! The coconut milk gave it a sweetness that...mmmm...made it so yummy! The clam chowder was also superb.

We followed our soup with Pork Bánh Mì, "a Vietnamese style baguette sandwich, filled with marinated pork tenderloin, pickled carrot and daikon, fresh mint, cilantro and jalapeno", and a ling cod sandwich -- each of which we split so that we could both enjoy them. I'm not sure which I liked more. I'm not normally a pork girl, or someone who likes pickled stuff for that matter, but wow; I would order it again in a heartbeat.

For our final treat (it was hubby's bday), we ordered the Chocolate Caramel Tart, an "organic malted milk chocolate ganache, caramel, Valhrona Cacao and our house made vanilla sea salt" -- do not pass this by! Find room for dessert. It was so rich and so delicious. We couldn't finish it all, but had to take home the left-overs...there wasn't any way that we were going to leave without it!

I think we just found our favorite special place in Bandon.

PS: They do service right. In a world where it seems good service is getting harder and harder to find, it is so much more appreciated when you find it. We had two servers, due to our timing, and both were great. The gentleman was super friendly and engaging, and the lady was terrific as well. We never felt pushed into ordering anything or that they were on the "up sell"; it was just very casual and comfortable. Just the way we like it.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Banton
“Cod done light”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Began with squash soup (see photo). Coconut milk and veggies made for a smooth, pleasant, and very tasty great. The cod sandwich was to die for. Light crunchy batter, home-made bread bun, and sauce with just right hint of herbs. Truly luscious! My first visit but I will definitely make the Loft part of my annual Pacific Coast experience. Takes a while for service but remember this is not "fast food" ;D

• Visited December 2012