“Amazing view, basic services lacking” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bandon Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bandon
Bandon Inn
You added Bandon Inn to your Saves list
Located at 355 Hwy 101, Bandon, OR 97411   |
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Bandon
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Amazing view, basic services lacking”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

It's an absolutely amazing view! Hands down. And the receptionist was super helpful. However Internet was not available in the far rooms, the soda machine didn't work, breakfast was kind of mediocre and didn't offer a lot. The bed spreads were older as well. The kind from the 80's that you're not sure you want to touch. They should switch to the white ones. Everything else was great. I loved the local info

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Shelton, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

It was March12' so it was quiet and really relaxing! Our room was just the right size with a view of 'Old Town'. We had a great experience here. I can't wait to make another trip down so we can stay a whole weekend!

This location puts you within walking distance to food, drinking, shopping and the boardwalk.

With off-season travel comes quiet and discounts. The little souvenier shop was great and I got some glass balls 50% off and some other little trinkets.

Breakfast was not outstanding and I didn't see the cranberry bread others have commented on and felt ripped off but will let it draw me back. They had yogurt, bagels, fresh fruit, cereals and fresh tasty coffee.

• Stayed March 2012
Olympia, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

The hotel seems to be very popular even during the winter. Our two queen room was nice although a little on the small side. We got a good night sleep because it was pretty quiet and the Internet was not working. The area looks like an interesting place to vacation at.

Marysville, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

The original plan was to overnight in Roseburg but the weather took a turn for the worse so I cancelled our motel in Roseburg, choosing to come up 101 instead of I-5 and scouted Bandon because of previous memories of passing through . I quickly checked Tripadvisor and immediately liked what I saw about the Inn. 190 reviews means someone cares! The only negative was I had a visual of their location from the Bing map on Tripadvisor showing the location on the east end of town and I didn't spot the sign (the motel is not visible from the highway). Luckily, Bandon is small so I didn't gp far before I realized my mistake. A quick u-turn got me to the driveway within a couple of minutes.

Up the hill to the registration building and a few minutes later I was checked in. I was tired and didn't think to check on discounts and was pleasantly surprised when the desk clerk asked if I had AAA. She saved me 10% and I am grateful for her proactive approach.

We were able to get into Room 305 in the west building and parked in the center area between the two buildings. Two steps up and we were on the third floor! The east building sits in line with the west building, separated by about 10 parking places and entrance to that building requires going down a few steps to the first floor.

Our room was a single queen and very similar to the pictures posted. The bed was soft and comfortable and I was very impressed with the comfort of the straight backed chair. I also thought the room binder was very informative. The only drawback, if you want to call it that was a lack of a pool or spa, especially a spa where it is nice to soak after a long drive.

We had breakfast the next morning. The selection consists of small yogurts, two or three kinds of bagels that the front desk clerk will toast for you, cranberry bread and banana nut bread, cream cheese and butter, apples and oranges. They had coffee and cranberry and orange juices. There was seating for 3 or 4 in the nook so the best option was to grab a tray and take the food back to your room. The view for breakfast was great!

My most memorable memory of the inn was the torrential downpour at 12:55 in the morning. It sounded like the runoff was flowing through the room for about two minutes. I looked around when I got up but couldn't find a lick of rainwater in the room! I could spend some time here, maybe summer next time and I'll make a reservation.

Independence or
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We have stayed at the Bandon Inn 2 times. This last weekend was just as memorable as the first stay. Both were wonderfully relaxing and enjoyable. The rooms are nice and clean. The beds comfortable and pillows plush. The continental Breakfast is yummy (homemade bread so good) and the staff so welcoming. I love the gift shop here. Very unique items at reasonable prices. Thank you for the shopping experience while visiting. The lobby was so beautiful with the holiday decorations as well.
We will be back again.

Yreka
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We usually stay somewhere close to the beach itself but it didn't work out that way our last trip. Were pleasantly surprised at how nice the rooms were...clean, spacious. We had a great view (corner room in West Building). The front desk staff were incredible!!! Arranged for golf for us, gave us smiles when we came in for breakfast two minutes before breakfast ended. Nice, nice people and an amazing gift shop. Lots of great things in a small place! Will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Corner room in West building has best view but be aware that it faces a busy street and street activ...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Bandon I, Owner at Bandon Inn, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments about our front desk staff, gift shop and rooms. Our staff enjoys making sure that our gift shop is always looking it's best. Our housekeeping staff also take special care to guarantee that our guests rooms are spotless. Thank you for noticing!
Northern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We have stayed here as a stop over on three occasions. Rooms are average but clean. Front desk staff very helpful and friendly. Very cute gift shop (I make a purchase every time :-) Warm cookies in the evening and continental breakfast you can bring back to room. Pet friendly with small patch of grass and designated 'pet rooms.'

View of old town and bay is very beautiful at sunset and even at night with all the pretty town lights below. The view is the best part of the stay. There is a walking path from the Inn to Old Town... for gift shops, reataurants and even a couple art galleries.

Once again, average rooms with older decor. I recommend 2nd or 3rd floor for a better view. Rooms have small fridge, microwave and flat screen tv's.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Bandon Inn? Share your experiences!